Damn expensive roses. Holy smokes.

I just want to see at least 50,000 people wearing black and old gold in that stadium. I hope these prices don't hinder that outcome.

If anyone with tickets needs a kidney, I'll trade you straight up. Willing to consider other body parts.

If you think hawk fans don't want to pay those prices, how do you think Stanford fans feal?

They won't. What I think will happen, is Stanford will struggle to sell their allotment, as has been the case...and prices will recede some. But the demand from the Iowa side is unlike anything this game has seen.

Both schools get 22K tix. There are probably another 25K set aside for suites and sponsors. That's close to 50K. Each Big Ten and Pac12 school gets some tix, too...so the secondary marketplace might be 40K tickets max....and I think we could see 60K to 70K Iowa fans go. Demand exceeds supply by a great deal.

Guess we'll see how many rich Iowa fans there are. I'm really glad my buddies and I made the trip to Indy now. I was thinking one or the other originally, but at these prices had I not gone to Indy I still wouldn't be going to this. No way I can justify spending that kind of money on a football game. At least we got to enjoy Indy even though it ended in heartbreaking fashion.

They won't. What I think will happen, is Stanford will struggle to sell their allotment, as has been the case...and prices will recede some. But the demand from the Iowa side is unlike anything this game has seen.

Both schools get 22K tix. There are probably another 25K set aside for suites and sponsors. That's close to 50K. Each Big Ten and Pac12 school gets some tix, too...so the secondary marketplace might be 40K tickets max....and I think we could see 60K to 70K Iowa fans go. Demand exceeds supply by a great deal.

Cool if that happens.......The math/economics of it I get. That is a big number I am just having difficulty wrapping my head around it.

50K Iowa fans is all but guaranteed. Take 22K out of that number through official Iowa tix. Now you are at 28K Iowa fans looking for tix, and that is likely the max amount that is available in secondary marketplace. Then say 60K Iowa fans looking for tickets. This is how we get where we are.

And yall were worried that we could not outdraw OSU? Whatever.

Although it doesn't make me feel any better that I am probably not going

My co-worker is going. Tickets thru the Iowa ticket office system are $185-$200. The parade ticket is $100. Add into that your flight & hotel, food and it's just way to much for most, especially families. My co-worker and their group are flying into Vegas & driving the 4 hrs from Vegas to Pasadena. They at least got a decent $$ ticket to Vegas.

Went to Indy and had a blast. Was planning on going to Pasadena until I saw the prices. NO WAY I can justify paying that much. Hope everyone that can afford it has fun. I'll be cheering from home. Go Hawks!!

Went to Indy and had a blast. Was planning on going to Pasadena until I saw the prices. NO WAY I can justify paying that much. Hope everyone that can afford it has fun. I'll be cheering from home. Go Hawks!!

This is where I'm at... I just can't justify the cost. I can see the game better at home on the TV and my wife and i could go to an all inclusive in a tropical destination twice for what the cost would be for this trip.

I'm not bitter and I wish everybody well that goes and understand supply and demand. With that said, I just don't see 50,000 hawk fans going with the pricing the way it is but I'm sure Jon's opinion is much more well informed than my absolute guess.

Man, people are babies. There are things in life that you can't afford, or don't think are worth it.....If that is the case then don't buy it, yet all this crying about prices is stupid. If 92,000 people are willing to pay these prices, then that is the market working. It ain't like the Rose Bowl is gonna have 50,000 seats empty because they were over priced.

This is what kills me - I am going on a two week vacation to the Phillipeans for less than 4 or 5 days here - plane tix are ridiculous - from the east coast - ~800-900. I can work OT to cover the costs - biggest issue is getting people to work for 4 days. Damn hospitals have to be open 24/7. The thing is most of my friends can't afford it - and I don't wanna go alone - I will likely meet up with friends coming from elsewhere in the country thou.

This thread convinced me to go . . . now that I know the worst posters won't be in attendance.

Smart people don't insult the coaches and the players relatives.

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I should clarify...I'm not saying others should or should not go. I hope it's filled with Hawk fans. Indy was an absolute blast with so many fans there. If I could afford it I would be there in second. That is a budget decision I had to make and I am jealous of those that will be there. I'll be cheering from home. Go Hawks!!