Damn expensive roses. Holy smokes.

My friend just bought tickets for $300 and the rose bowl website has them starting at $150 if you can get lucky enough to get some. Not sure who is selling them for $1000 but you can definitely get them much cheaper.

Somethings gotta give... Either prices will have to come down or there won't be no 30,000 hawk fans there

My friend just bought tickets for $300 and the rose bowl website has them starting at $150 if you can get lucky enough to get some. Not sure who is selling them for $1000 but you can definitely get them much cheaper.

You can't buy from the Rose Bowl website....it takes you straight to Prime Sports...

Dead serious! I'm not sure what's going on here, but I've never seen an average, endzone seat going for a grand. Was hoping to take the family on a once in a lifetime game, but to take the 4 of us will be about $12,000 - $15,000. Too bad really...

Same here. I figured by the time our family of four ate, it would be near $15000. Can't afford that. I wonder if there would be any bus packages like in the past that would be cheaper.

Rose bowl website sends you to ticketmaster which shows no tickets available.

I'm really disappointed as well. Stub Hub has some high endzone tickets for like $500

Rose bowl website sends you to ticketmaster which shows no tickets available.

I'm really disappointed as well. Stub Hub has some high endzone tickets for like $500

It's the day the teams were announced.
They are begging for people to pay these prices, and people are.

Book your flights
Book your hotels
Wait to buy the tickets.

Who indahell is actually buying packages for 2 to 3 thousand$ a person? Wow. Maybe if I had a net worth of $5 mill. Watch for free on comfort of my huge lounge chair and shoulder massager sounds better.

I feel blessed. I bought 2 tickets row 6 in the endzone for $150 each plus fees from ticketmaster 3 weeks ago. Just had a feeling I guess. Figured I could get my money back if Iowa went somewhere else. We almost didn't go. I'm having a surgery. We booked flight on the way home from the game today. If I knew I could get $900 a ticket I may have changed my mind. My wife and I booked a flight to las vegas, then renting a car to LA, then flying back from LA. We are flying out of St. PAUL. MN. Flights total for 2 was under $600 and rental car will be about $325. Haven't booked hotels yet. Will be gone from the 29th- jan 4th. Look at sun country for flight out of MN. But so far with tickets we are at about $1,200. Hopefully we can keep it all under $2,500. $15,000 for a family of 4 seems extreme.

I feel blessed. I bought 2 tickets row 6 in the endzone for $150 each plus fees from ticketmaster 3 weeks ago. Just had a feeling I guess. Figured I could get my money back if Iowa went somewhere else. We almost didn't go. I'm having a surgery. We booked flight on the way home from the game today. If I knew I could get $900 a ticket I may have changed my mind. My wife and I booked a flight to las vegas, then renting a car to LA, then flying back from LA. We are flying out of St. PAUL. MN. Flights total for 2 was under $600 and rental car will be about $325. Haven't booked hotels yet. Will be gone from the 29th- jan 4th. Look at sun country for flight out of MN. But so far with tickets we are at about $1,200. Hopefully we can keep it all under $2,500. $15,000 for a family of 4 seems extreme.
I just look my section up on stub hub. cheapest asking price is $1200 a piece. I'm putting mine up for sale. If they sell I'll just buy worse tickets. Hell, one sold ticket would pay for our flight and rental car and then some. Other ticket money we could use to buy worse seats. Have a hard time someone would actually buy it for that price though.

Same here. I figured by the time our family of four ate, it would be near $15000. Can't afford that. I wonder if there would be any bus packages like in the past that would be cheaper.

Normally, I can't afford it... but I've been saving a chunk for 25 yrs for the 5 of us to make this trip - and we will!:rolleyes:

It's the day the teams were announced.
They are begging for people to pay these prices, and people are.

Book your flights
Book your hotels
Wait to buy the tickets.

This. Speaking from many bowls worth of experience.

Got my flight and hotel and parade ticket locked in (nice discount for Scout members over at TicketMonster), chuckling at the game ticket prices.

Well...who's surprised at this?

Iowa's almost Jedi-like fascination with the Rose Bowl plays right into their hands.
Nobody from Stanford will bother with the game....it'll be primarily Iowa fans.

They know it and the prices reflect it. Pretty telling for a consolation game.

Latest posts