Dailey

cockyhawkfan

I feel like this dude could play a critical role as the season moves on. I've been impressed with his play. His ball handling, quickness, and even his shot appear to be fairly solid. He carries himself well and appears to have confidence in his ability. It seems as though Fran might be agreeing, considering the increase in his playing time. I think he's a definite upgrade from Williams IMO. I kind of wish he hadn't burnt his RS last year.

Looking forward to seeing how he responds as the competition gets tougher in the coming weeks.

SIAP

What say you?

i've been high on MD's potential for quite a while. he had a pretty darn good game against IU, so think we got a glimpse of his potential. i agree he could be a key swing player from pg to sf.

I feel like this dude could play a critical role as the season moves on. I've been impressed with his play. His ball handling, quickness, and even his shot appear to be fairly solid. He carries himself well and appears to have confidence in his ability. It seems as though Fran might be agreeing, considering the increase in his playing time. I think he's a definite upgrade from Williams IMO. I kind of wish he hadn't burnt his RS last year.

Looking forward to seeing how he responds as the competition gets tougher in the coming weeks.

SIAP

What say you?

I agree. Maishe has looked a lot better and contributed more than I had expected. He looked pretty raw and shaky most of last season, so I'm hoping his development keeps coming along like it has. I think Fran didn't redshirt him because he sees that potential and wanted him to get that game experience.

I see potential in him also. I am also glad to see Moss playing more consistent and under control. If both players can continue to improve it could help like crazy. Bo seems to be going through a little bit of a sophomore slump, but I think he will bounce back and cut down on the bad passes caused by tying to hard to force the ball into tight situations. Also he is getting a lot more attention from the other team’s defense since Jok is gone. Our incoming freshmen guard next year should help this situation out considerably as his shooting abilities should keep defenses honest on how they guard Bo.

..................has been playing awesome. A mismatch problem for defenders. Too bad he couldn't drive and dish a bit.

He was one that I thought would find himself outside of the rotation and personally, I didn't think he could add much value.

I was wrong. He's about as balanced of a player that we have. He can drive, shoot from outside and is a good defender with his quickness/length.

I have been really impressed by him. He is super smooth out there and everything looks effortless. Has a nice looking jumpshot with good rotation. He also seems to make smart decisions. Doesn't try to do too much which is important with as many turnovers as we had in the last month. I think he is a great rotational player to have and I think he pushes Moss to get better because Dailey could take his minutes.

I was not impressed with him last year, and even thought that he may transfer. But he's shown great improvement over the summer and I think he looks great this year. I think he needs to start at PG.

I was not impressed with him last year, and even thought that he may transfer. But he's shown great improvement over the summer and I think he looks great this year. I think he needs to start at PG.

I don't think that's crazy honestly. But he's probably better coming off the bench, in order to provide depth at the one.

I don't think that's crazy honestly. But he's probably better coming off the bench, in order to provide depth at the one.
I've been thinking the same. He seems to be the kind of player that you can't know what you have until he gets 25 minutes a game. That plus our dire need at the point. I'd play Moss/JBo/Dailey at the one/two guard spots all game. Connor maybe 5 minutes and in blowouts.

I like what Dailey brings to the team. As he gains confidence, he will only get better. I remember arguing before the season started with a few people (mostly 5656) that he could end up being a decent backup PG. I think he is starting to come into his own.

At this point, there's no reason not to try Dailey at the point most of the game, especially if Connor's not ready to play a lot of minutes.

Mixed feelings on Dailey. He is a work in progress and I am ready for him to turn the corner. If he turns the corner it will be late this year or more than likely next. Iowa is so weak at the 2 guard spot that we(as fans) will bite on anything. I realize he is backing up both guard spots,but he still feels like a project to me.

He was one that I thought would find himself outside of the rotation and personally, I didn't think he could add much value.

I was wrong. He's about as balanced of a player that we have. He can drive, shoot from outside and is a good defender with his quickness/length.

I had the same thoughts. Where is my plate of crow?

Mixed feelings on Dailey. He is a work in progress and I am ready for him to turn the corner. If he turns the corner it will be late this year or more than likely next. Iowa is so weak at the 2 guard spot that we(as fans) will bite on anything. I realize he is backing up both guard spots,but he still feels like a project to me.

He's starting to round 3 and coming out of 4, IMO.

What I liked about him was the grit he showed at Iowa State. He got hit twice in the face by the punk of a pg they have over there and he didn't back down or change his game. I liked the look he had after the one that was called, like it was no big deal "play on" kinda thing. You could see the fire in his eyes, next play he hit a three right in the kid's face. A lot of Iowa players recently recruited would have over-reacted or gone soft. Love his approach.

I had the same thoughts. Where is my plate of crow?

Perhaps a tasty slice of pie would suffice.....

Blackbirds_in_pie.png

:cool:

Some people, myself included, liked to make some Moss to Marble comparisons. Maybe it’s actually Dailey, at 6’7, with pretty good passing ability, that’s a better comparison.

I feel like this dude could play a critical role as the season moves on. I've been impressed with his play. His ball handling, quickness, and even his shot appear to be fairly solid. He carries himself well and appears to have confidence in his anibility. It seems as though Fran might be agreeing, considering the increase in his playing time. I think he's a definite upgrade from Williams IMO. I kind of wish he hadn't burnt his RS last year.

SIAP

What say you?
Agree w this post, I'm especially impressed with his court vision regarding the offense. He seems to know where to pass the ball before it gets to him. Think he has quite the upside on defense, also seems that he is quite a bit stronger in kind of a rangy sort of way. Seems to have a good feel for entry passes to the post. He could be a fine player by years end.

Latest posts