Cyclown Fanatic....fools

You forgot the all-important "real fan" argument

You should think about joining CycloneFanatic. It's a lot of fun.

You get to participate in hysterical, bi-polar threads about the significance of ISU athletics, about how the Big Ten sucks, about the importance of the Director's Cup, etc. It's nearly impossible to keep up with their delusional rants.

In that group's eyes, the only "real" fans are those who graduated from the school. Shame on the Hawkeye fans across the state who farmed rather than go to college or attended Coe/Simpson/St. Ambrose, etc, but cheer for Iowa. Those are not real fans.

True...

To be fair a lot of them had them going 7-5, 6-6 or worse. I bet fans of other schools would laugh at our fans "acceptable record thread" assuming most of those responses were 11-2 or better

I've seen lots of comments about a "worst-case" scenario this year for Iowa of 9-3.

To be fair a lot of them had them going 7-5, 6-6 or worse. I bet fans of other schools would laugh at our fans "acceptable record thread" assuming most of those responses were 11-2 or better

Exactly. A vast majority of Cyclone fans realize that we will be lucky to be bowl eligible after this season. There are a few who like to be extremely optimistic, but those fans are in every fan base, including the Hawks. I have talked to more than enough true Hawk fans who think you guys will be winning the NC this year. Is it possible, yes, but not likely at all.

I don't think that 7 - 5 or 8 - 4 is unreasonable. Coach Rhodes reminds me a lot of Coach Ferentz. His approach to the game and how to assemble a team mirrors some of the things that the Hawks have done. Don't be too mislead by the number of players that they lost. Most of them will be easily replaced. Remember, they have another year under their belt in regard to learning the systems and the coaching staff has a year of developement. I look for a shootout in IC and I think they will win more than they lose and will be competitive in the other games they play.

I don't think that 7 - 5 or 8 - 4 is unreasonable. Coach Rhodes reminds me a lot of Coach Ferentz. His approach to the game and how to assemble a team mirrors some of the things that the Hawks have done. Don't be too mislead by the number of players that they lost. Most of them will be easily replaced. Remember, they have another year under their belt in regard to learning the systems and the coaching staff has a year of developement. I look for a shootout in IC and I think they will win more than they lose and will be competitive in the other games they play.

Put down the crack. A shootout in IC? They managed 3 pts last year. They'll be lucky if they score.

Crack? Naw! I look for Arnaud to be much improved and I understand their running game is much better. If I remember correctly, they ran for about 200 yds. on us last yr. I look for them to put some points on the board and you know they'll spend a lot of time scheming on defense. I predict the game will be much closer than it was last yr.

my question is when are HN and CF going to just merge and start slapfight.com? this is what happens when there is nothing to talk about in the summer! please, football season couldnt get here any sooner

Stop right there. Don't assume that **** with most of us. I wouldn't root for ISU this year even if somebody was going to drown my dog. Speak for yourself, I hope ISU goes 0-12...

I'm not for hurting animals but I'll second the notion about Hawkeye fans rooting for Iowa. I am all for ISU losing every game and looking terrible. The worse ISU is the less likely they will be to snag a recruit from Iowa.

Here's the typical post from the ISU board:
"I'm thinking 6-6, 7-5. I don't think we get Utah, and we'll probably only get one W from the NU/MU games."

A bunch of you have a weird obsession thing going on with ISU...almost desperate for the to have a bad season...kinda sad.

As someone astutely stated "Oh my god, a bunch of ISU fans optimistic and hopeful for their football season...incredible!"

"They managed 3 pts last year. They'll be lucky if they score."

And this thread's about ISU being delusional...how ironic.

cpr baby, CPR! they get a couple more verbals today, and this guy is king of all to be kings of......

i've never really pulled for Nebraska, i guess only in bowl season and maybe v. ISU. But I've gotta say, I hope NU tears the clownz and their field apart this season. Hey NU - whip them and then remove their goalposts......

I don't know BoBigRed, you should consider this one. Kind of a memento, or a keepsake of all the good memories/victories you've had there through the years.

ISU may score, but I do have to ask, when was the last time ISU scored a touchdown against Iowa? 2006? To the poster who expects a shootout, when was the last shootout in the CyHawk challenge? Maybe 2002? Blowouts 35-3 are not considered shootouts in my book.

The clowns lost either 7 or 8 starters on D from last year? I know it's a high number. Their D won't be able to stop alot of teams.

Offense should be ok as most starters are back.

I'd say .500 at best. It all depends on what ISU team shows up to play on gameday and how much luck is in their favor.

I see alot of fear in these posts by Hawkeye fans. I dont blame you, KF couldnt win two games his first season let alone a bowl game.

Just once I would like to log on to HAWKEYE(not cyclone) Nation and not see a ISU post. The obsession of some Iowa fans with that team to the west is just disturbing.

Latest posts