cubs vs braves

It's amazing how Ramirez saw it, but none of the 4 umps (two of whom should have been watching the ball) did not. Why even get together if you're still going to get it wrong?

This is how it probably went...

Umpire 1: I thought he caught it...what did you guys see?

Umpire 2: I was watching the runner, didn't see it.

Umpire 3: I didn't see it either, was thinking about what's going to happen on "Chuck" tonight...sorry...

Umpire 4: How sure are you that he caught it?

Umpire 1: 50/50...maybe?

Umpire 4: Well crap...DOUBLE PLAY!

Directv has it on 210. Well never mind, good job Shane. For whatever reason, this game in on WCIU in Chicago, and that channel has a broadcast radius of eight miles.

Also, I've noticed that Directv doesn't carry WGN in HD.

Half of their games are WhiteSox games, there was no need to...:D

Half of their games are WhiteSox games, there was no need to...:D

You're right on the second part. Nobody evers watches WGN during the offseason anyway, so there isn't any valid reason for them to carry the HD signal. Plus, with CSN having the majority of the schedule for the third straight year, it's even less of a big deal. Sometime in the near future, Cubs game on WGN will be even more of a rarity than they are right now.

the game actually isnt blocked out on mediacom in des moines(must be because its opening day) but it is blacked out on espn3(formerly espn360) to those of us with mediacom internet

You're right on the second part. Nobody evers watches WGN during the offseason anyway, so there isn't any valid reason for them to carry the HD signal. Plus, with CSN having the majority of the schedule for the third straight year, it's even less of a big deal. Sometime in the near future, Cubs game on WGN will be even more of a rarity than they are right now.

That will suck x infiniti, since Harry and Steve and WGN got me hooked on the Cubs in the first place.

Hmmm. I just went to 210 on Directv and they have it blacked out there too. Guess it's time to call and ***** someone in India out because it's apparent that other people around here are able to watch it and there's no reason that I should be blacked out then. God, I hate MLB's retarded blackout rules.

Hmmm. I just went to 210 on Directv and they have it blacked out there too. Guess it's time to call and ***** someone in India out because it's apparent that other people around here are able to watch it and there's no reason that I should be blacked out then. God, I hate MLB's retarded blackout rules.

Try it again DB...I lost the channel for a few minutes because of the T-storm rolling through (I think that's why anyway) but it's back now.

Nice, yeah I am having no trouble except for the fact that my HD DVR Box is a POS. I got off work at 3:30, so I set the DVR to record the first part of the game. Wanted to see Heyward ML debut. Got home, and the DVR had frozen up at some point this AM during SportCenter. Obviously, did not record any of the game. I was a little upset. Missed the HR, and all 8 runs. Oh well. Hope the ATL 'pen doesn't blow the lead!

That will suck x infiniti, since Harry and Steve and WGN got me hooked on the Cubs in the first place.

Not necessarily; it won't be all bad. With the new ownership, chances are the Cubs will start their regional television network, like the Yankess and Red Sox have with YES and NESN. Another thing that will likely happen is a complete renovation of Wrigley Field, similar to what John Henry did to Fenway when he bought the Red Sox. The new tv network, along with a re-furbished ballpark will maximize revenue streams, allowing the team to spend even more on payroll.

Not necessarily; it won't be all bad. With the new ownership, chances are the Cubs will start their regional television network, like the Yankess and Red Sox have with YES and NESN. Another thing that will likely happen is a complete renovation of Wrigley Field, similar to what John Henry did to Fenway when he bought the Red Sox. The new tv network, along with a re-furbished ballpark will maximize revenue streams, allowing the team to spend even more on payroll.

I think I just drooled on myself...:eek:

Ouch.....I love my Cubbies....but ouch. And that Hayward....he is a gem....couldn't even be upset about that homerun, pretty neat to see that happen.

Although it might not seem like a big deal now, that "double play," when mclouth dropped the ball(ruled a catch) and then threw it to first for the 2nd out was just terrible. The ball clearly hit the ground. Instead of the Cubs having two men on with 0 outs, they get 2 outs with 0 men on. Down only 3 runs at that point of the game, and the Cubs getting some momentum, they could have score 1 or 2 runs that inning and it would've been a totally different game.

Latest posts