Cubs in panic mode already?! (Z to 'pen)

This makes the most sense, as all the other starters have pitched well. A ****** off Zambrano in the bullpen might be a good thing. One thing is for sure, it can't get any worse.

This makes the most sense, as all the other starters have pitched well. A ****** off Zambrano in the bullpen might be a good thing. One thing is for sure, it can't get any worse.

Definitely, I agree with you on that. He has gotten of to another terrible start...he pitched well last night, but none of the other starters deemed worthy of it at this point. Also, they can always slide him back in if someone gets hurt or starts sucking. I'm curious as to when Lou will use him...setup man in 7th/8th?

The way they're hitting, they're going to miss his bat in the lineup every 5th day...
Good point. Do you think Lou will use Z to pinch hit in the late innings and then just leave him in to pitch as well?

Interesting move with his salary.

cubs gotta be looking to pick someone up...whos most likely to come over?

possible kerry wood from the indians? has had some back problems but if we can get him for the right price might be something to look into. also what do cubs fans think about Z being switched to a closer???

something also needs to be looked at is josh vitters with the daytona cubs. this kid is a stud tearing up and do we trade him for a pitcher or move him to a different position because we have ramirez for 3 more years i believe

and everybody shunned me when i brought this up!!!

Good point. Do you think Lou will use Z to pinch hit in the late innings and then just leave him in to pitch as well?

Interesting move with his salary.

I dunno Woody...could Big Z survive a situation of striking out with the bases loaded in the top of the 9th, then getting the loss in the bottom of the inning, without blowing a gasket??? :p

Dumb, dumb, dumb. He's had two starts. I could see it if he was still struggling a month from now. Lou needs to address this team's real problem, the offense.

Surprising decision by Pinella. He must be so desperate to make this move.
Probably just a temporary move to help the bullpen,and give Z some room to breathe.

The Cubs are a joke right now. Lou changes the lineup drastically every single night and now this? Its April 21st and the Cubs have already panicked. Amazing

We all shunned you for a wide variety of reasons p2w...we just used that as the excuse...

:p

just wanted some credit for bringing this up and then he actually does it couple days later! shows im not entirely out of my mind if lou has thought about it and went through with it! i'll pat myself on the back if i have to haha

The Cubs are a joke right now. Lou changes the lineup drastically every single night and now this? Its April 21st and the Cubs have already panicked. Amazing

they need to keep byrd at leadoff thats apparent as he got 3 hits and next night fukudome got zero!

just wanted some credit for bringing this up and then he actually does it couple days later! shows im not entirely out of my mind if lou has thought about it and went through with it! i'll pat myself on the back if i have to haha

Careful, I know first hand how painful it can be to pat yourself on the back...since I do it myself all the time!

I thought this same thing when Rich Harden was on the Cubs. He throws hard but can't seem to maintain it. It will be an interesting transition for Z if he stays there for a while.

Dumb, dumb, dumb. He's had two starts. I could see it if he was still struggling a month from now. Lou needs to address this team's real problem, the offense.

This.

My only explanation is that Lou has lost what was left of his mind.

And Hendry needs to address the offense, not Lou. Though I do agree that the offense is about 90% of their problem.