Cubs in panic mode already?! (Z to 'pen)

Here comes Zambrano with the Cubs and Nats tied at 3 in the 8th inning. Let's see how it works out tonight.

I've been irritated watching this game; the Cubs scored by being patient, but there were 2 or 3 innings where Lannan threw less than eight pitches.

Z was a bit pumped up there. He overthrew a couple of pitches, but got out of the inning. Whew!

Have the Cubs ever brought in a designated bunter and had it work out? We should've expected the hose job.

The problem was the selection; Dempster has the most sac bunts of anyone on the team, while it isn't exactly Koyies strength.

But it was a good bunt, and the call was blown.

Can we stop with the asking of players who aren't used to it the sacrifice bunt? Baker is going to strike out trying to bunt, just because Lou is being stubborn.

Can we stop with the asking of players who aren't used to it the sacrifice bunt? Baker is going to strike out trying to bunt, just because Lou is being stubborn.
Hey, still got the bases loaded with 1 out now. Do you think Ramirez squeezes the run home? I don't think so either. :)

Baker not being able to put down a sacrifice bunt is pathetic. Any major league player should be able to sacrifice bunt. Hard to question coaching when the players don't come through.

Sorry, it just drives me crazy when people can't put a bunt down. I do agree with Dempster being someone to put in for a sac bunt.

Cubs are going to drag us along all year and then choke at the end I feel it. This team is probably overachieving right now.

Latest posts