Cubs in panic mode already?! (Z to 'pen)

This all falls back on Hendry and his lack of putting together a solid 25 man roster. I really hope Hendry is fired so he can't bring his guys back in. Who ever the GM is around the trade deadline could really set this team up to get a quality free agent or trade for a quality player like Gonzalez from San Diego. Z to the pen isn't that bad of a move, it isn't going to last all year. They are going to showcase Gorzelony and use him as trade bait, hopefully along with Lee to get the Padres 1B.

Maybe they're just trying to tick off Z so he'll wave his no trade clause and we can pass him off to another team.

i wouldn't say we should trade him just put him in place a little i like this move...but send soriano to des moines is my call!

I think the Cubs bullpen is in panic mode right now...I guess giving Marshall 140 appearances isn't going to be a good idea after all...

I started what I thought was an interesting thread about trading some players if the cubs felt they were in a demise, but a moderator needs to ok it. Not sure how long that takes. Maybe it was deemed in appropriate. Just keep your eyes peeled ;)

Z actually has not pitched poorly this season. If you factor out his frist start which was terrible (8 runs in 1 1/3) his ERA is a shade under 4.00.

I think his move to the pen was out of necessity than his performance. He's the only guy in the rotation with setup guy type stuff, and we already have enough lefties in the pen so it didn't make sense to send Gorzelany to the pen.

Agreed Duff. Other than the mistake of walking Pelfrey the other nigth he had a great game on the mound. He'll be back in the rotation eventually, due to injury or underperformance by another starter.

Also, remember when Samardzija was in the running for the rotation. How big of a disaster would that have been. Silva is looking great.

and everybody shunned me when i brought this up!!!

I don't think they need a closer. They need a set-up man. Moving Z into the closer spot and then moving Marmol back into the set-up role is even more disruption, and Marmol has done a pretty good job as a closer. 16 straight saves before the recent blown one.

I agree with what Deace said this morning. Its basically a move that says " nothing to see here go about your lives" The last 2 seasons I have basically said give me a reason to cheer for you and I might start paying attention and it looks like they are going to suck again(I hope I am wrong) but things are not looking good on the north side.

and everybody shunned me when i brought this up!!!

I don't think they need a closer. They need a set-up man. Moving Z into the closer spot and then moving Marmol back into the set-up role is even more disruption, and Marmol has done a pretty good job as a closer. 16 straight saves before the recent blown one

I don't think they need a closer. They need a set-up man. Moving Z into the closer spot and then moving Marmol back into the set-up role is even more disruption, and Marmol has done a pretty good job as a closer. 16 straight saves before the recent blown one

Z is going to be the setup man and marmol will remain the closer

The problem is at this point in the season there isn't going to be much of a trade market without seriously overpaying for someone. Zambrano was definitely a suprise to me but it could work. The bullpen could look quite a bit different in June, either by trade or callup. Someone like Cashner could be a nice addition in the summer.

But they still need to offense to come around. Soriano is actually hitting pretty well right now, so if Ramirez could straighten himself out they could get on a decent run. But they still need a true leadoff man.

Latest posts