Cub Offseason Moves/Rumors

Cubs are also in the mix for Yu Darvish (really, really good Japanese pitcher who is only 25)

Interesting. Hope the cubs know what they are doing. didn't work out so well for theo last time.

No, but he is better than Daisuke was. I get nervous about big time contracts for international players (and Darvish would cost quite a bit) but this is one of those times when I would do it.

I sure hope Theo gets rid of the Go Cubs Go song. Playing it when the Cubs are winning the division is fine, but playing it when they are 20 games out makes us fans look stupid.

I'm hearing the Cardinals are interested in Pena. Who will be playing first on the North Side? I've heard some Fielder rumors but I'm not sure I'm ready to believe them yet.

I'm hearing the Cardinals are interested in Pena. Who will be playing first on the North Side? I've heard some Fielder rumors but I'm not sure I'm ready to believe them yet.

I haven't heard **** on Fielder. What do you know? Anyone even throwing offers at him yet?

It's been abnormally quiet considering the stature of player Fielder is. Apparently some of the guys from Comcast are coming back from the Winter Meetings thinking the Cubs have a serious shot at Fielder. I'm all for it as long as it's not a 10 year $250 million deal like AP just signed

I haven't heard **** on Fielder. What do you know? Anyone even throwing offers at him yet?

Prince Fielder Rumors: Wednesday: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

There's some Prince Rumors in there from a couple of days ago.

After "canvassing executives," Sherman finds the consensus is that Prince Fielder will sign with the Cubs. The belief is that Theo Epstein won't pass up the chance to acquire a slugger like Fielder given the lack of power hitters coming onto the market, and Epstein wants to make "a statement sign" in his first year in Chicago.

This one is from here:

Sherman On Darvish, Buehrle, Fielder, Jones: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

I'm not sure I'm buying it yet. I think Prince's contract will be to long and it doesn't appear the Cubs want anything to do with a lengthy contract on anyone but we'll see.

Prince Fielder Rumors: Wednesday: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

There's some Prince Rumors in there from a couple of days ago.

This one is from here:

Sherman On Darvish, Buehrle, Fielder, Jones: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com

I'm not sure I'm buying it yet. I think Prince's contract will be to long and it doesn't appear the Cubs want anything to do with a lengthy contract on anyone but we'll see.

I would love to see him sign with the cubs for 5 years, but my guess is he will want at least 8. With his body type, I'm not sure that would be a great deal.

Tim Kurkjian said on MLB network that he believes the Cubs and Fielder are close to a deal.

No big deal, Ram is getting paid so I would expect a big decline in his numbers next year. With Fielder gone and Braun looking at a 50 game suspension Ram will be expected to carry the team and we all know he is not capable of that.

And certainly not in April/May.

I think Prince Fielder is a definite, then again why hasn't a deal been reached yet?
I trust Theo, he's a competent GM but let's see how he does with a smaller payroll. All he has ever known is Boston. How will he handle the fans? Cubs fans offer a lot of unsolicited advice. What will it take for the Cubs to become competitive again?
Putting an end to the stupid day games. I don't care if it is tradition or not.

I think Prince Fielder is a definite, then again why hasn't a deal been reached yet?
I trust Theo, he's a competent GM but let's see how he does with a smaller payroll. All he has ever known is Boston. How will he handle the fans? Cubs fans offer a lot of unsolicited advice. What will it take for the Cubs to become competitive again?
Putting an end to the stupid day games. I don't care if it is tradition or not.

The Cubs have a very similar capability in terms of spending money. That's not a significant issue. And Boston fans offer FAR more unsolicited advice than Cubs fans. And they get much more testy if their advice isn't heeded than Cubs fans do.

Latest posts