Cub Offseason Moves/Rumors

A couple of tweets from Keith Law about the proposed Cubs/Reds trade:

It's Wood and two prospects. Given who I believe those two are, I like the deal for the Cubs.

4/5 now. More in there with change in pitching plan. RT @AlexBerngard: @keithlaw What is Travis Wood's upside?

I trust Theo, he knows what he's doing. He sees the value in Marshall and is getting what he can out of him right now. If we can get a couple of these moves we may not see the benefit right now, but a few years down the road it could be special.

The cubs are awful? I have been a fan for 40 years now, and my interest could not be lower than it is now. They need to unload as much salary as possible to get some prospects. Look at the Rays for the future i would like to see for the Cubs. There is nothing wrong with day games. That is the worst excuse for the cubs lack of success. They just don't have the talent at this time.

The cubs are awful? I have been a fan for 40 years now, and my interest could not be lower than it is now. They need to unload as much salary as possible to get some prospects. Look at the Rays for the future i would like to see for the Cubs. There is nothing wrong with day games. That is the worst excuse for the cubs lack of success. They just don't have the talent at this time.

Don't think anybody will argue with you on that.

This. I also agree that Marmol should be traded. Even elite closers have no real value on the roster for teams in our position. And Marmol isn't an elite closer. But he DOES have serious value to other teams.

If the Cubs can get anything reasonable for marmol, they should trade him. He is average at best, but some other team may think he's their closer.

If the Cubs can get anything reasonable for marmol, they should trade him. He is average at best, but some other team may think he's their closer.

I think that Cashner is a future closer, I don't think that he'll survive in the rotation, too much like Wood. I agree, if you can get a couple of prospects or 1 good one make the trade. I think you will see this move more around the trade deadline though

Keith Law tweeted this morning that Marshall to the Reds for Travis Wood, Dave Sappelt, and Ronald Torreyes is a done deal and will be announced later today.

There is some scuttle about Billy Hamilton being one of the prospects. This might work out, as he could be projected as a future second baseman/lead off. Apparently his defense wasn't so hot at short, but if Castro locks that spot up, Hamilton could play 2nd where he played some in minor league ball. Speedy guy...make the divisional rival pay I say.

Here's an article on Hamilton:

Cincinnati Reds: Billy Hamilton, Reds Future SS or Outfielder? | Bleacher Report

Castro will probably move to 3B with Barney at SS

Last edited:

Latest posts