Cub Offseason Moves/Rumors

well I won't disagree with you on that one, but if they let Ortiz go (which I have no idea if they will or not haven't heard) they could use a DH, and 3 years of bad contract v. 6 might sound good to them. I don't know. Just thought it would be interesting to consider.

I should say I know it will never happen even if boston wanted to as I doubt Theo wants to start his cubs era with the same contract that was at the end of his time in boston.

Yeah I agree there, but lets face it Crawford has a lot better chance of bouncing back from 1 bad year compared to Soriano's many bad years.

Yeah I agree there, but lets face it Crawford has a lot better chance of bouncing back from 1 bad year compared to Soriano's many bad years.

No argument from me here. I did not say it was realistic, but I would take it happily as a cubs fan.

Soriano's contact ends before Crawford and you take out Crawford's 2010 season, they have been about the same offensively since Soriano joined the Cubs. Crawford is much better with the glove and can steal bases efficiently but considering his possible decline, I don't think it's worth the extra years.

Soriano's contact ends before Crawford and you take out Crawford's 2010 season, they have been about the same offensively since Soriano joined the Cubs. Crawford is much better with the glove and can steal bases efficiently but considering his possible decline, I don't think it's worth the extra years.
It would be interesting to see if Theo would want Crawford (and his large contract) to follow him to Chicago. Would Theo be trying to validate the signing from last year in Boston? He took a lot of heat in Boston. On the other hand, Soriano would be gone! :)

I hope we have something to talk about now that the winter meetings are starting today...could be an interesting week

I seen something pop up on ESPN that said Seattle was the most likely destination for Pujols if St Louis was unable to resign him.

really? I have a hard time believing that. I was going to guess Marlins if anything, but the Mariners? hmmmmm

I saw a piece by Kurkijan on the Jose Reyes signing and he said that if Pujols does not resign with St Louis that Miami is the best bet to get him. Not sure where the Mariners come in, I havent even heard them as a remote possibility.

I saw a piece by Kurkijan on the Jose Reyes signing and he said that if Pujols does not resign with St Louis that Miami is the best bet to get him. Not sure where the Mariners come in, I havent even heard them as a remote possibility.

That's what I thought, but the post above mine said seattle would be most likely if not the cards.

crawfords deal is huge but he was a legit stud before last year. theres no way he just lost it all in one season. id take him in a second.

Mariners/Marlins...bah, perhaps I seen it wrong. It came on real quick and I could have swore it said Seattle. Either way I doubt he becomes a Cub and I am wondering if the strategy just isn't to drive the price up on Pujols & Fielder so there is less money out there for players they are really looking for.

WTF has gotten into the Marlins?

ESPN was saying their lease at their old stadium was awful and they have all kinds of revenue coming in already from this new stadium.

Its pretty amazing that they have been able to win 2 World Series and then pretty much clean house after each one and still remain somewhat competitive.

Latest posts