Could Colvin pull a Haluska?

storminspank

Justin VanLaere
Could Colvin leave Iowa State to come to Iowa?

This is way out of my element. I have nothing to back it up, just throwing out some stuff.

This is way out of my element. I have nothing to back it up, just throwing out some stuff.
Well Adam was born a Hawkeye fan so I doubt Colvin would fit that scenario and I haven't heard a word about his girlfriend a attending Iowa either so not a good comparison IMO.

Why would he leave one mess just to step into another? He has enough talent to get a better opportunity than he would at Iowa.

At present the staff doesnt have any Chicago ties, and Colvin is from there. Second, I don't think you want to invite that given this past winter, and his suspension, etc.

A lot of strange stuff has happened at Iowa and ISU over the past few years but that will not be happening.

Colvin Transferring

Per DMR- wants to play in a system where the coach "turns players loose." Any chance he considers Iowa? Do we want him? I thought our situation was tough- ISU has us beat in that regard.

Re: Colvin Transferring

At one point he was considering Iowa, but his Dad and Iowa weren't a good fit. Anyway, we want no part of Colvin.

I think he will follow the ex ISU assistant that recruited him. Thought I read somewhere that the coach would end up at Houston?

This is completely honest question, because I did not follow ISU in the least. Why exactly would we want no part of Colvin? I only saw about 3 minutes of an ISU game this year and he looked solid.

Must be some significant stuff if people are responding so strongly.

This is completely honest question, because I did not follow ISU in the least. Why exactly would we want no part of Colvin? I only saw about 3 minutes of an ISU game this year and he looked solid.

Must be some significant stuff if people are responding so strongly.

I think even though it is basketball and not football this would have Jake Christensen written all over it with the way his dad likes to get involved.

He is a head case but with a good coach he would be fine. He is a very nice, intelligent kid. He's not a "brother"....he is just a little bit of a baby at times. Greg let him walk all over him when he first got there. A new coach could do the kid wonders. Really a nice talent. Quick, sees the open man, and despite his horrible FG% he has good form

I just can't figure out how Colvin thought his style would fit in at ISU in the first place. IMO, he needs to be in an uptempo offense, to hide his weaknesses (shooting, pounding the ball).

Colvin To Iowa City

Saw this on Cyclone fanatic. If true this would be a good get. Sounds like the system Fran wants to run would fit with Colvin?

"I've heard a few rumblings from Iowa City that McCaffery is VERY interested. As much as I'd hate to see him play at Iowa, it makes sense given the sytem they are selling and the proximity to Chicago."

Latest posts