Could Colvin pull a Haluska?

Also, not (exactly) true. The NCAA could rule you a hardship case, ala Tyler Smith and Jake Kelly. However, I see nothing in Colvin's case that would indicate he would be a candidate for hardship waiver.

This is also correct. 1 year (unless you get a hardship waiver). 2 years (if you choose a school that your current school excludes). It's standard operating procedure for schools to exclude your release from any team that they play the next 2 years.

There are exceptions...like Haluska who was given and unconditional release because of the coaching change....but I doubt ISU does that this time around seeing as Colvin committed to McDermott and all.

Mac has no Chicago connections, after 11 yrs as a Notre Dame assistant and recruiter? from the PC interview:

Q: Is recruiting in Chicago going to be a priority given its proximity to the Iowa campus and all the players that come from there?
M: We would love to do that. I think Chicago is very important. There are a ton of players there and it’s only three hours away. I’ve got connections there. And we can get in there and get some guys.

Latest posts