Connor McCaffery Receives One of Open Scholarships

In 21 seasons of coaching he has won 58% of his total games. Not low expectations, just patient and don't jump ship at the site of one bad season.
In 8 seasons of coaching at Iowa, he has won 55.8% of his total games and 47.2% of his B1G games. Doesn't meet my expectations, but it does meet yours. Not a big deal. I bet we like different flavors of ice cream, as well. :)

I don't how much you watched this year of us, as well as other teams, but our backcourt is awful. So just say f it and roll with the pieces that created the dumpster fire this year and pray a couple skinny Freshman, whose main competition the previous year were 1A Iowa high school kids, will push you up the conference rankings? And then pray the following year that Fran lands the unicorn that's escaped him for 8 years?

I watched every game from start to finish, I'm starting to wonder how much you watched or how much you actually follow recruiting or even basketball for that matter?

I watched every game from start to finish, I'm starting to wonder how much you watched or how much you actually follow recruiting or even basketball for that matter?

Lol ok. Whatever makes you feel better about being devoid of bball knowledge, or in this common sense.

I got your back, bruh! You don't need to pretend. Be who you are! If you're ok with making the NCAA tourney 3 times out of 8 years, there's no need to hide from it. Embrace it!

giphy.gif
I aint pretending shit and you know it. 3 NCAA's in 8 years isn't good enough - but I look at it in the context of what Fran took over and that it's been 3 in the last 5. Which built up enough in the bank for him to be allowed a down season. If he has another I'll be leading the charge on wanting him gone. It's not that far of a left field take, in fact, I would say that it's the majority of Iowa fans feelings.

In 8 seasons of coaching at Iowa, he has won 55.8% of his total games and 47.2% of his B1G games. Doesn't meet my expectations, but it does meet yours. Not a big deal. I bet we like different flavors of ice cream, as well. :)

Excuse me for a second as I catch my breath from you actually providing some statistics....

Anyway, those numbers definitely do not meet my expectations, but they are not fire him kind of numbers either.
For example, Bruce Weber at Kansas State has won 60% of his total games at KSU, but you wouldn't see people calling for his head over there. That's just one example, but I'm sure there's similar numbers in every conference for a lot of coaches.

I aint pretending shit and you know it. 3 NCAA's in 8 years isn't good enough - but I look at it in the context of what Fran took over and that it's been 3 in the last 5. Which built up enough in the bank for him to be allowed a down season. If he has another I'll be leading the charge on wanting him gone. It's not that far of a left field take, in fact, I would say that it's the majority of Iowa fans feelings.

Should've been 4 out of 5 in Jok's senior year too.

I do think Joe or even moving Isaiah to the 3, or even Dailey starting at the 3 would be a step up. Nunge should be playing the 4 for sure. Uthoff only played the 3 when White was around which happened to be until he was a senior unfortunately. I would just like Fran to go after him so PM can come in and play the 4 and we have a true 3 after Dailey and Moss graduate. He's also a good player which is a good reason to go after him. But i understand if he doesn't too.
PMac can't play the 4 in the Big Ten. He'll get beat down hard. There are a handful of "small" 4s in the Big Ten that he could play with but most would abuse him. He's not strong enough.

PMac can't play the 4 in the Big Ten. He'll get beat down hard. There are a handful of "small" 4s in the Big Ten that he could play with but most would abuse him. He's not strong enough.

Well obviously not now as a Junior in HS, I don't think he will start as a Freshman either. He has to get stronger but 4 is his natural skillset spot. Nunge starts over him for his Freshman year and put some pounds on him going into his sophomore season and I think he can hang with most, if not all the 4's in the B10 at that point. Duncan Robinson played 4 in the B10, he had his deficiencies but I'd say he hung with them. But I definitely agree with you right now. I'm just saying his highest ceiling is from what I've seen at the 4.

Should've been 4 out of 5 in Jok's senior year too.

I agree, and again, before this season...if you asked me what kind of job Fran has done at Iowa, I would have said he's been solid with momentum. Now, I can't say that. I am not trying to say that. I am saying, he's afforded a down year with the good will he put in the bank getting Iowa back to where they were. They took a giant step back last season and if it continues, I will definitely change my mind. I don't get why that's such a take that deserves such scrutiny by other fans of the same team

Well obviously not now as a Junior in HS, I don't think he will start as a Freshman either. He has to get stronger but 4 is his natural skillset spot. Nunge starts over him for his Freshman year and put some pounds on him going into his sophomore season and I think he can hang with most, if not all the 4's in the B10 at that point. Duncan Robinson played 4 in the B10, he had his deficiencies but I'd say he hung with them. But I definitely agree with you right now. I'm just saying his highest ceiling is from what I've seen at the 4.
Agreed. He'll need to put on about 50 lbs. I don't know how long that will take him. maybe 60 lbs. He looks like he's 180 lbs right now.

I agree, and again, before this season...if you asked me what kind of job Fran has done at Iowa, I would have said he's been solid with momentum. Now, I can't say that. I am not trying to say that. I am saying, he's afforded a down year with the good will he put in the bank getting Iowa back to where they were. They took a giant step back last season and if it continues, I will definitely change my mind. I don't get why that's such a take that deserves such scrutiny by other fans of the same team

Oh I agree completely. If this year there isn't developments happening then I will definitely be concerned.

Agreed. He'll need to put on about 50 lbs. I don't know how long that will take him. maybe 60 lbs. He looks like he's 180 lbs right now.

I think that's a lot to ask with his deficiencies of gaining weight. For comparison, Jarrod Uthoff played his senior year at 210 lbs. I think that would be a good goal for PMac. Needs to get around 200 for sure to hang with B10 4's.

Rick Majerus, Mark Few, Tom Crean, Frank Martin, Scott Drew, Buzz Williams, Mick Cronin..

That's a pretty good list, but I was more asking the poster because he insists that if Fran got a JuCo guard it would fix all problems and then proceeded to say I knew nothing about basketball. I was just going to provide info that would backup that i do have some sort of basketball IQ.

I think that's a lot to ask with his deficiencies of gaining weight. For comparison, Jarrod Uthoff played his senior year at 210 lbs. I think that would be a good goal for PMac. Needs to get around 200 for sure to hang with B10 4's.
Uthoff played away from the basket as a stretch 4 because of his 3 pt shooting (career 38%). PMac (26% in high school) can't shoot the 3 like Uthoff. And unless he drastically changes his shot, he never will.