Connor Mac wows in the defense free all star game!

Wut?

You can only be a star if surrounded by other stars? That's dumb. And there are countless examples to disprove that flawed logic.

Flawed interpretation. He cannot carry a team. Not that type of player. If he's on the court with other relatively slow defenders, he won't be able to cover much. If on the floor with a number of slow offensive players, they won't be able to do much. Iowa has their fair share of big blowout losses. It's about match ups. On his own with similar players, misdirection passes and slow drives to hoop can only do so much with a D that is not back on it's heals. JB is the same as are a number of Iowa players. Iowa doesn't have many players that can break down a D on athleticism. He doesn't add that dimension to the mix. Put him with guys that can do that and things open up.

With his low almost push shot, he's not going to do many pull up jumpers at this level.

How do you square that with the fact that Dad has said publicly that Connor wants to play major league baseball? This young man has many attractive options and some big choices to make. He might advance his baseball career further by beefing up some which would lessen his effectiveness in basketball. He has a chance to play for three or for years with his brother and a likely friend in Weiskamp and for his dad in basketball. And as a 4.0 student he has the smarts to do about anything he wants in life.

I don't think we can assume anything about what direction Connor will go and he has his senior baseball season ahead to get more of a feel of whether he can get a contract at this time in that sport. Not the average kid here in kind of a unique situation.

He'd have to be a kid the majors are willing to offer a contract to if he was going to forego playing basketball for his dad and just concentrate on baseball. Otherwise, you see him eschewing the opportunity to play for pops to play baseball and hope to get to the point that the majors would draft him?

He could try and play both I suppose.

Couple of quick points in response. It is my general belief that because he is the son of a B1G coach that he gets more attention and earlier attention than most other recruits get. With attention comes a higher probability for scrutiny. Maybe this is what you think maybe not. I personally am of the opinion that Connor is towing the line for a 4 star recruit. I also think that Patrick will appear more dominate because he will be the go to guy for his team next year similar to Weiskamp this year.
Agreed. I have no problem with Conner's high school numbers.

He'd have to be a kid the majors are willing to offer a contract to if he was going to forego playing basketball for his dad and just concentrate on baseball. Otherwise, you see him eschewing the opportunity to play for pops to play baseball and hope to get to the point that the majors would draft him?

He could try and play both I suppose.[/QUT

This story has many moving parts which I think makes it interesting. Connor appears to have high level skills in baseball and I think he led the state in hitting last season with an average of over .400 in the article I read with reports of him having a big arm as well. Don't know what kind of odds he has at this point of getting a contract and working his way through the minors but the fact that Fran mentioned it makes it seems within the realm of possibility.

Connor told the media last fall that he planned to play both sports at Iowa and he and his dad would sit down with Coach Heller and work things out. As an ambitious and motivated athlete I can see him doing that if he enrolls but at some point he will have to decide what sport he wants to prioritize. Playing baseball only at Iowa doesn't seem out of the question IMO but it seems a fluid situation with nothing much set in stone. Hard to read the mind of a teenager making big decisions in life.

Last edited:
I think your fascination with railroading this kid because your not a fan of his Dad is Sad.. All you do is post belittling garbage.
Apparently, you missed the poor sportsmanship butthurt displayed by Connor & Patrick on Twitter. They both made it very clear that they are entitled brats. Patrick actually apologized for his behavior, but Connor did not.

Apparently, you missed the poor sportsmanship butthurt displayed by Connor & Patrick on Twitter. They both made it very clear that they are entitled brats. Patrick actually apologized for his behavior, but Connor did not.

Says the adult who scrutinizes teenagers for social media stupidity.....

Bad sportsmanship means you're an entitled brat? You would probably never find a single bad sport in the projects then huh?

Bad sportsmanship means you're an entitled brat? You would probably never find a single bad sport in the projects then huh?
If you have no clue what I'm talking about, just ignore the post and go about your business.

I gotta say TK, you act like an entitled brat on this forum all the time. Taking shots at coaches and players, acting like you were owed something as a fan. Connor and Patrick are teenagers, what is your excuse?

Actually now that you say that TK, it just registered something in my head. This is exactly why I have such a problem with the hater crowd. All you guys do is whine, cry, take shots at the team, the players, the coaches.....it all comes off like an entitled teenager to me. It is just a bunch of grown ass men, bitching and moaning like they are entitled to something.

Thank you for clearing this up in my head. I have always kind of wondered why the hater crowd, the whiners, and bitchers just get under my skin so freaking bad......this is why, you are entitled brats.

It wasn't a good look for Connor and hopefully he learned from it but I'd have to agree with others wondering why you've condemning so strongly, in the form of a new thread, a 16 and an 18 year old.

Actually now that you say that TK, it just registered something in my head....

Thank you for clearing this up in my head.
head_case_gallery.jpg

I gotta say TK, you act like an entitled brat on this forum all the time. Taking shots at coaches and players, acting like you were owed something as a fan. Connor and Patrick are teenagers, what is your excuse?
Says the guy that was taking shots at (teenager) Eno Benjamin. How did that turn out? #Hypocrite

What is interestjng is that the biggest spewers of hate here are those hating so called haters. There have actually been few real haters here. There have been a few.

There are some good reasons some fans dont like FM or KF and has nothing to do with wins or losses. There are good reasons why sone like them too.

This is a message board. Not a cheer board.

Jon several years ago in an article was pretty negative on K F. Even bring up one point aboug KF and the anti hate haters go orbital.

Latest posts