Connor Mac wows in the defense free all star game!

Sounds like we're gonna want to open a scholly for AJ Green. Apparently, he's been tearing it up lately.

Well as far as whether and how much Connor will play next year, Jimmy B. and T.C. said on their show with Wolfgang as their guest, that there's a strong rumor C. Williams is going to transfer. If that's the case, we're not going to have very many guards left and I can't see how Connor won't play next year. Guess Fran could bring in a JC transfer but those don't seem to work out for him.

I have a feeling that Connor will be alright next season. I am looking forward to his passing skills which are quite good. He has very high basketball skills, savvy like Jordan and he can nail those threes.....

Wonder if he is going to play in the PTL this Summer.....

:cool:

I have a feeling that Connor will be alright next season. I am looking forward to his passing skills which are quite good. He has very high basketball skills, savvy like Jordan and he can nail those threes.....

Wonder if he is going to play in the PTL this Summer.....

Connor said back when talking to Rob about playing both sports that he would not play in the PTL due to baseball. That kind of makes sense given that he will have periods of overlap and I think we better get used to him putting a higher priority on baseball when that occurs. Like you I think we will like what we get from him in basketball but he has decisions to make about where his future lies.

Connor said back when talking to Rob about playing both sports that he would not play in the PTL due to baseball. That kind of makes sense given that he will have periods of overlap and I think we better get used to him putting a higher priority on baseball when that occurs. Like you I think we will like what we get from him in basketball but he has decisions to make about where his future lies.

Thanks, of course, he will be playing baseball in the Summer.....

Both of the McCaffery boys are talented, but I think I read they are both a year older than the average student for their grade. They should be a lot more schooled in basketball and physically mature than their piers. I'm not sure by the time they graduate from high school they will have real high ceilings.

I think Connor is going to be a great Hawkeye - never seen a 4 star recruit hated on so quickly but this is Iowa fan we're talking about.

I think the “lack of love” stems from a few different items: a) even when he was ranked as a basketball recruit, many saw him as a baseball player so discounted that rating; b) while a 4* on some services, it wasn’t a concensus ranking. If i remember correctly rivals had him highest in the 50 range. Scout had him more in the 80+ range, 247 had him much lower, but a composite rating just outside the Top 150; c) from super limited action, people saw more of a game manager than a game changer last year. That will certainly add value and depth, but I read concern from others on the board who hoped for a faster penetrator and lock down D to compliment what was on the team already rather than to replicate it. All of those comments are likely premature until you see more of his body of work when he is actually healthy, which I am not sure we have seen.

I think the “lack of love” stems from a few different items: a) even when he was ranked as a basketball recruit, many saw him as a baseball player so discounted that rating; b) while a 4* on some services, it wasn’t a concensus ranking. If i remember correctly rivals had him highest in the 50 range. Scout had him more in the 80+ range, 247 had him much lower, but a composite rating just outside the Top 150; c) from super limited action, people saw more of a game manager than a game changer last year. That will certainly add value and depth, but I read concern from others on the board who hoped for a faster penetrator and lock down D to compliment what was on the team already rather than to replicate it. All of those comments are likely premature until you see more of his body of work when he is actually healthy, which I am not sure we have seen.

Oh, I definitely know "why" ...and you forgot d) he's Fran's son.

The thread title should have been “Graduates From Fran’s School of Defense Gather for a Pickup Game.” ;)

Latest posts