Commitment Imminent?--Peter Jok?

thejumper5

I just saw this interesting tweet from Rob Howe:

"'13 MI CG Austin Price Says #Iowa Cancels Official This Wknd Because #Hawkeyes Expect Verbal from Someone else. Said it's Not EC Matthews"

Edit: Title

Last edited:
Re: Commitment Imminent?

Really...hummm. wonder if it will be someone we know like Jok, or someone not previously on the radar.

Really...hummm. wonder if it will be someone we know like Jok, or someone not previously on the radar.

If I were forced to wager on this, I would say Jok. I don't think it fits the EC Matthews timeline and I know Iowa has taken a real, real hard look at Jok all spring and summer. I still think its a bit of a gamble, but one that could have tremendous upside.

Another Rob Howe tweet:

"WDM Valley Coach Jeff Horner confirms via txt that his '13 wing Peter Jok ( @Mzungu_24) officially visiting #Iowa this wknd."

I really hope the kid is back and ready to become the player everyone thought he was going to be before the injuries...especially if he's about to commit to Iowa!:D

Wow. So it is Jok after all? Upside yes, but I thought there were some great kids out there. I'll trust Fran on this one.

If it is Jok, I would be very excited. You get a kid with top 50 talent, that is being under recruited because of the injury.

If it is Jok, I would be very excited. You get a kid with top 50 talent, that is being under recruited because of the injury.

He had Top 50 talent. Heck at one point he was rated #1 by some folks...well ahead of Jabari Parker, who some are calling the 'next Lebron'. However, he is not being under recruited. He's being recruited about where he belongs based on his performances the past two years, which have been hindered by injuries.

It's a risk-reward scenario. Possibly some big reward. You have a 13 man roster. Invariably one of two of those guys don't pan out..if not more. Worst case, you have a good three-point shooter. Best case, you have a wing who can attack the rim and make threes.

If it is Jok I would be more worried about his heart and toughness than his injuries, just based off one conversation I have had.

[video=youtube;rN8HOAFPLNI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN8HOAFPLNI[/video]Video just added yesterday (9/18).

A one-man class is not going to break you, but it sure as hell can make you. It's a risk/reward scenario, but the risk isn't really that great. Worst comes to worst, and he doesn't re-gain his athleticism, put 10-15 pounds on him, and he is a lights out stretch 4.

He had Top 50 talent. Heck at one point he was rated #1 by some folks...well ahead of Jabari Parker, who some are calling the 'next Lebron'. However, he is not being under recruited. He's being recruited about where he belongs based on his performances the past two years, which have been hindered by injuries.

It's a risk-reward scenario. Possibly some big reward. You have a 13 man roster. Invariably one of two of those guys don't pan out..if not more. Worst case, you have a good three-point shooter. Best case, you have a wing who can attack the rim and make threes.

Lets not get crazy here. Before his injuries he had some serious potential. I really hope he overcomes his injuries, would love to see him make the best of his college career. Regardless the kid can shoot, as long as he can remain mobile, and not a complete liability on the defensive end he will be able to contribute at the D1 level.

Another Rob Howe tweet:

"WDM Valley Coach Jeff Horner confirms via txt that his '13 wing Peter Jok ( @Mzungu_24) officially visiting #Iowa this wknd."

Verrry interesting. Wasn't there a successful former Hawkeye, also named Jeff Horner? My sources tell me it's no coincidence, that in fact IT'S THE SAME GUY!

#genius #makingtheconnection #masteroftheobvious #fullofwin

So far Fran has proven that he is a better judge of talent than both Alford and Lick. I trust him and if Horner thinks he can play in the Big Ten than great news for the Hawks! Fran has done a great job of keeping the local talent at home.

A one-man class is not going to break you, but it sure as hell can make you. It's a risk/reward scenario, but the risk isn't really that great. Worst comes to worst, and he doesn't re-gain his athleticism, put 10-15 pounds on him, and he is a lights out stretch 4.

This is the key. It's a one man class, and if you strike out with Matthews then what? Jok has a high ceiling if he gets healthy. Fran has a really good core and if Jok turns into something great, then he has something, if not, well it is one guy and we move on. But really, can he be any worse than what Lick was bringing in. If this was Lick we'd be jumping for joy even if they amputated one of Jok's legs

I REALLY like it....like others have said...Fran has us in a place where one man probably isn't going to break the program.....and he has MASSIVE upside. If he does return to form, he is among the top basketball players in the country. One player like that is exactly what Iowa needs.....and if he doesn't return to form....the kid can still shoot, no doubt about that. And as long as you can either shoot, rebound, or play D you will play on a basketball team.