CJ Frederick could still be at Iowa and a huge part of our team

If you were Fran would you want him back after the way, he left? I wouldn't.......
Hell no. Connor has been liking all the different announcements on twitter of him announcing this. Connor and him didn't seem to be on the greatest of terms over how CJ left. Didn't Fran give the most generic bland good bye statement ever for him too? Usually he sincerely thanks all the guys who've transferred out but he noticeably did it different for CJ. I can't remember what he said exactly but I do remember that being a thing.

Indiana wants me, Lord I can't go back there,

Lord I only wish that I had you....to talk to

You have to be old to remember that one, like @thedukeofearl old:)

I actually had this on a 45 with the plastic spindle in the middle....

He's finally coming home guys

View attachment 10097
Haha. I thought he'd already done that. I'm just glad he didn't go to Indiana. Although a part of me kinda woulda had fun with that too... Problem is who on the team now overlapped with him? PM and Perkins maybe? It'd have been more fun had he done that while Connor was still here. I'm not sure what the beef between them is but there was/is one. Playing against him a couple times coulda been fun

It's adorable that his poster says "Committed". I bet Iowa and Kentucky thought he was committed too.
I chuckle when thinking how this whole portal thingy now just parallels with how kids think now and how parents now parent kids.

It's now when something feels just a bit uncomfortable or hard or one has to work thru something, it's easier to flee to look around for somewhere else instead of balling up and working hard thru it. I get the whole portal deal but it does really suck that the mind frame of kids and parents is where it is at now. Doesn't bode well for our society and the direction it is headed, IMO.

I'm uncomfortable and not getting everything I want, so I'll just seek out an easier path. F it.

I chuckle when thinking how this whole portal thingy now just parallels with how kids think now and how parents now parent kids.

It's now when something feels just a bit uncomfortable or hard or one has to work thru something, it's easier to flee to look around for somewhere else instead of balling up and working hard thru it. I get the whole portal deal but it does really suck that the mind frame of kids and parents is where it is at now. Doesn't bode well for our society and the direction it is headed, IMO.

I'm uncomfortable and not getting everything I want, so I'll just seek out an easier path. F it.
Do you listen to the WUW podcast with Kluver Drake and Ward? They had Ryan Boyle on and he told his story. Back when he was leaving he'd already graduated in 3 yrs time. So he had his degree. Yet when he told KF he was going to transfer so he could try and play QB KF gave him a list of schools he wouldn't release him from his scholly for. Schools Iowa was going to play most likely he didn't rattle em off who all they were. But it just seems odd as hell he'd do that when he literally had let Rudock go to Michigan of all places how he did. The way Ryan told it just really rubbed me the wrong way about how KF handled it.

Let's say the portal started 30 years ago. I wonder how many kids would go into it each year back then. Half maybe?

Do you listen to the WUW podcast with Kluver Drake and Ward? They had Ryan Boyle on and he told his story. Back when he was leaving he'd already graduated in 3 yrs time. So he had his degree. Yet when he told KF he was going to transfer so he could try and play QB KF gave him a list of schools he wouldn't release him from his scholly for. Schools Iowa was going to play most likely he didn't rattle em off who all they were. But it just seems odd as hell he'd do that when he literally had let Rudock go to Michigan of all places how he did. The way Ryan told it just really rubbed me the wrong way about how KF handled it.
I heard it and wasn't shocked but it was not a good look for KF and Iowa. People were shooting at Jimbo for doing this with Oliver and he was the bad guy. Feels a little different when it your team doing it. Sounded like Boyle gave his heart and soul to the program and KF didn't acknowledge it. Even took down his lifting records like he was never here. NOT what I would have expected from KF.

I heard it and wasn't shocked but it was not a good look for KF and Iowa. People were shooting at Jimbo for doing this with Oliver and he was the bad guy. Feels a little different when it your team doing it. Sounded like Boyle gave his heart and soul to the program and KF didn't acknowledge it. Even took down his lifting records like he was never here. NOT what I would have expected from KF.
Yeah it just all seemed so unnecessary. Boyle changed positions for awhile to WR and went out of his way to try and just help the team. Yet by doing those things KF did he was going out of his way to not do right by Ryan. We have a pretty good idea of what schools he was blocking him from going to and since he ended up at Indiana St I doubt most BIG schools were going to be after him. But that's totally besides the point of it all.

I've never understood that petty scared mindset from coaches. They demand that their players be all about competing. Compete compete compete. But why are the coaches so scared to compete against them if they leave? It's a bad look that doesn't make much sense to me.

Yeah it just all seemed so unnecessary. Boyle changed positions for awhile to WR and went out of his way to try and just help the team. Yet by doing those things KF did he was going out of his way to not do right by Ryan. We have a pretty good idea of what schools he was blocking him from going to and since he ended up at Indiana St I doubt most BIG schools were going to be after him. But that's totally besides the point of it all.

I've never understood that petty scared mindset from coaches. They demand that their players be all about competing. Compete compete compete. But why are the coaches so scared to compete against them if they leave? It's a bad look that doesn't make much sense to me.
One thing about players from another team is they have inside knowledge on how you do things. It can be a pretty big disadvantage.

Latest posts