Chicago Cubs 2016 Thread

Bryant of course hits into a game ending double play. Least surprising thing ever...
It would be nice to see some clutch hitting. Rizzo 4 k's tonight! Didn't even put the ball in play. Lots of wasted opportunities this evening. Some sloppy base running. A closer giving up 3 hits in the 9th. I would of thought it would of been more than a 1 run game. Bright side Jake rebounded pretty darn good!

Have to brag a little bit since I was at the game with my daughter. If you go with a child and it's their first time, be sure to get at First Timers Certificate. With this certificate, and with awesome seats (2nd row behind Cuns dugout), Javy Baez tossed his pair of batting gloves to her and signed her certificate. She also ended up with a game used ball from a security guard. Too bad we couldn't witness a ninth inning walk-off type win, but it was such a great experience to be there with her.

I was hoping that double play which was overturned wouldn't have been due to inconclusive evidence, that would've changed the game.

Last edited:
Looks like Chapman is a CUB!!!! Torres, McKinney, Warren and PTBN. Waiting to hear if Chapman signed an exttension with us, if he did I like this deal a lot. If not, its good for this year maybe but I'm not a big fan of rent a players.

Reactions: DJL
Looks like Chapman is a CUB!!!! Torres, McKinney, Warren and PTBN. Waiting to hear if Chapman signed an exttension with us, if he did I like this deal a lot. If not, its good for this year maybe but I'm not a big fan of rent a players.

Not a fan of this deal at all. Rondon isn't the problem, could have picked up another lessor arm for much less, and still strengthened the back end of the pen. Add on top of that Chapman is a POS, and the deal stinks to me.

Not a fan of this deal at all. Rondon isn't the problem, could have picked up another lessor arm for much less, and still strengthened the back end of the pen. Add on top of that Chapman is a POS, and the deal stinks to me.
Chapman has been given another chance, and hopefully the good guys in the club house will have a positive impact on him. I agree that Rondon isn't the problem, but now you have to feel really good about having a lead after 7, and ok with the lead after 6. This is Theo and Jed going for it.

Chapman has been given another chance, and hopefully the good guys in the club house will have a positive impact on him. I agree that Rondon isn't the problem, but now you have to feel really good about having a lead after 7, and ok with the lead after 6. This is Theo and Jed going for it.

I realize Theo is "going for it", but lets not pretend that Chapman is "getting a second chance" for any other reason than he is a dominate late inning reliever. POS sports athletes get second, third, fourth chances as long as they still produce.

The Royals won the series last year with starting pitching much worse than ours because they had a dominant back end pen. Chapman, Rondon, Strop is pretty dang good. From a team standpoint it is a big upgrade.
The personal stuff, I get what you're saying, I do not personally know him or know what happened. I'm sure Theo & Co. have done extensive homework on that part.
People can make changes, lets hope he has.

I realize Theo is "going for it", but lets not pretend that Chapman is "getting a second chance" for any other reason than he is a dominate late inning reliever. POS sports athletes get second, third, fourth chances as long as they still produce.
I agree, I don't like the guy, but I love most the guys on this team, and as long as he can keep his nose clean and his mouth shut I'm good with him helping the good guys finally get a title.

I'm not a fan of the deal either but Stropy is much better suited as a set-up man than a closer. He hasn't been good lately and I don't necessarily trust him in a high pressure 1 run game. My biggest gripe with the trade is the fact that they gave up their top prospect for a 3 month rental. I just hope this doesn't turn out to be a Papelbon 2.0 type of trade. It's no secret that he and Rizzo aren't exactly old chums.

Wtf is wrong with Arrieta ? He is not hitting his spots, no command of his stuff.....does he looked tired to the rest of you?

Wtf is wrong with Arrieta ? He is not hitting his spots, no command of his stuff.....does he looked tired to the rest of you?

Whatever it is...he looks like shit at the moment. Don't even look forward to him pitching as he's been awful for quite awhile

I think the Cubs are in a weird spot and they proved it with the Chapman deal. They so badly want to "win now" and they have the team to do it this year, but the Chapman deal just confuses the hell out of me. Chapman isn't really known as a team-first guy so the thought of him offering the cubs a discount next year is silly. They'll either have to pay up or he'll go to someone who will. So they just gave up a pretty good haul for a 2 month closer...when closer wasnt even their problem.

I suppose the Cubs are the one team where if you have a chance you have to go for it, but I always thought Theo was smarter than that....minus the Edwin Jackson deal