Chicago Cubs 2016 Thread

Soler....straight trash homey :mad:
I have absolutely no faith in this kid! Time to move him! JH needs to move away from batting 2nd. and switch him with the pitcher! Well ok maybe not but I'm getting tired of him whiffing with all those base runners!

I don't think Rizzo has ever struggled this bad with the bat! If Fowler and Zobrist collapse this lead will fade quickly. Hopefully things will get better very soon.

They'll be all right, have faith. I know that's hard being a Cubs fan, but there's too much talent on this roster for them to stay in this bad of a funk.

Even when Jake has a bad outing it's nice to see them pull out the win!
Good hitters day, but yes it was a reminder that Jake is human. Still amazing, but he's not going to be perfect every time. Was great to see us score some runs the past couple of days. I like having a lead so when we do go through a funk, we don't have to stress out about falling out of first.

Hendricks with a CG today. In his 9 starts this year, he's gone 5+ IP and hasn't given up more than 4 runs in any start. His ERA is now under 3. Not bad for a #5 starter.

Nice little win streak going again for the Cubbies! Great bullpen work yesterday.
Really the only thing I would be really intrigued by at the trade deadline is a top tier reliever, if one becomes available.

Cubs sweep the p-rats! Bring on those red birds! We are going to get to see our rookie catcher get his first start tomorrow and I believe he will be catching Lacky! Contreras hit a 2 run homer in his first big league at bat this evening! Looking forward to see him play a full game! Go Cubs Go!

Cubs sweep the p-rats! Bring on those red birds! We are going to get to see our rookie catcher get his first start tomorrow and I believe he will be catching Lacky! Contreras hit a 2 run homer in his first big league at bat this evening! Looking forward to see him play a full game! Go Cubs Go!
So much young talent. It's been an amazing season so far. I think the only potential hole is bullpen arms. I think Theo and Jed will make a move before the trade deadline to help.

They need to dump Grimm and Richard...I heard they were interested in some lefty from the Rockies, Jake McGee but he's on the the DL apparently

It's about time they move JH from batting in the 2nd spot and move him to maybe 7th. or 8th. in the lineup! Or at least pinch hit for him in crucial situations because we can't even count on him to get it out of the infield! Getting pretty tired of seeing those little slow rollers to the 2nd. baseman! The red birds sure don't have much of a closer.

It really makes me mad when you have an 0-2 count and you stand and watch a strike and don't even swing! It was right down the middle!

We're fine, everyone chill. We have 3 OFs on the DL right now including one of our best catalyst in Fowler. Its not a 10 game losing streak, just haven't got the clutch hit and leaving guys on base. It happens.