Chicago Cubs 2016 Thread

From CBSSports:

They are 15-5 with the biggest run differential in baseball by a landslide. This has come with the following batting averages: Jason Heyward .244, Anthony Rizzo .205, Ben Zobrist .246, Addison Russell .234, Miguel Montero .208, Jorge Soler .185.

Cubs sweep the Pirates with a 6-2 win, great series boys, keep it going....

w-1.gif~c200

The Cubs train is still rolling strong! Soundly beat the second place P-Rats 3 straight games! I'm really starting to get into this and totally looking forward to the red birds falling to the bottom by the end of May! GO CUBS GO!

Schwarber, Montero, Szczer, Heyward all hurt... no problem lets just soundly whip the Pirates anyway!

Schwarber, Montero, Szczer, Heyward all hurt... no problem lets just soundly whip the Pirates anyway!
The depth on the team is crazy. It's not like one guy is carrying us for a month. It's different guys at different times. I'm sure there will be some down time during the season, but it's fair to say my expectations are as high as they have ever been.

Ben Zobrist is on fire lately, Cubs 7-2 over the Nat's, going to the top of 6. Zobrist homers again and Lackey's pitching good today......Go Cubs

I wonder how close they can get to 116 wins.
I mean they have to hit a rough patch eventually right? But they have so many guys that can do some many different things and the pitching has been really really good. They might get close.

well, Richard walked Harper and gave up a single to Murphy, he was yanked and Grimm gave up 4 runs., now 8-6 Cubs

Cubs and Nats! What a game! I can't get over how the Cubs keep getting after it and how Madden changes players around like it's the end of the world series! Just need one more game to sweep the Nats and guess who is on the mound tomorrow? JAKE that's who!

Reactions: DJL
Unbelievable game yesterday to finish the sweep! That's 7 in a row boys! This start is hard to comprehend for us Cubs fan, I think it's scaring many. We don't want to peak to early! ;)

Reactions: DJL
Unbelievable game yesterday to finish the sweep! That's 7 in a row boys! This start is hard to comprehend for us Cubs fan, I think it's scaring many. We don't want to peak to early! ;)
We don't need a repeat of the basketball season. As long as there aren't any more significant long term injuries, I don't see it happening.