Chicago Cubs 2016 Thread

My wife keeps warning me not to get my expectations too high therefore I won't be as "disappointed" later lol. Apparently she can tell I'm stoked about the team.
Lester looked good last night. Everyone contributes on Maddon teams and feel like they are an integral part. Best thing about this team is they are all very likeable dudes seems like.
I think I'm going to see them in Denver in August!

Yikes....Schwarber carted off after colliding with Fowler. Hope it wasn't his ACL

Edit: just a sprained ankle. MRI on Friday

Last edited:
So....the NL all-stars, er...the Cubs are looking pretty good out of the gate. 29 runs in 27 innings!

Great game, Rizzo w/6 RBI's....KSchwarb is 1 tough kid, video looked worse than it was, he'll be back.....keep it going, lots of power in this lineup

Cubs fandom hits again. Torn ACL and LCL for Schwarber

If ever I wanted to give a post a thumbs down...:mad:

I will say this for him, though. He should be able to come back next year. I mean, it's not like speed was his #1 asset. Really hate to have him out this year. Loved watching him last year and was really looking forward to watching him this year. Hopefully others step up.

Worst case for Schwarber is he doesn't catch anymore. With his bat, and Willson Contreras in the minors, that wouldn't be a problem. I was watching the game and saw Fowler and Schwarber both running at it not paying attention to the other, and I was yelling, "Look up! Look up!" Needless to say that did not end well. Sigh.

WOW!!!

CfttSm1WwAE4YhO.jpg

man that was fun last night! This team just has that "it" factor, they find a way to win even when being no hit for almost 7 innings! Zobrist is an on base machine, exactly what this lineup needed. We have been scoring runs without even hitting a ton of HRs, at least it doesn't feel like we have hit many. Love it!

man that was fun last night! This team just has that "it" factor, they find a way to win even when being no hit for almost 7 innings! Zobrist is an on base machine, exactly what this lineup needed. We have been scoring runs without even hitting a ton of HRs, at least it doesn't feel like we have hit many. Love it![/QUOTE

I've never been so excited about a game in early April. That was a lot of fun. They have a way of wearing down pitchers by working deep counts and taking walks. Just think how good this team could be once everyone actually starts hitting.

It just proves to me that this team has the will to come from behind, lots of power, and clutch hitting, sorely needed in that category. Just keep it going boys, great start.

It just proves to me that this team has the will to come from behind, lots of power, and clutch hitting, sorely needed in that category. Just keep it going boys, great start.
And we still have talent down on the farm. We may not do much at the trade deadline, but if we needed another starter, we have options.

Wrigley looked and sounded like an October game last night. Just went bonkers when Russell went deep. Never seen so much energy in the park for an early April game!

Wrigley looked and sounded like an October game last night. Just went bonkers when Russell went deep. Never seen so much energy in the park for an early April game!
I had a Cardinal fan tell me that they were jealous of the atmosphere at Wrigley. Compared it to Hilton vs Carver. Still fun but more wild. I have been to Hilton many times, and although it is loud at times, I can told him for certain, and cannot and should not ever be compared to Wrigley :)

Cubs win again. Sweep the Reds. I can't ever remember having this much fun watching baseball in April.