Chicago Cubs 2016 Thread

These games are hard on my health, pretty sure I didn't breath for 2 innings last night. Wow these are intense. Gutty effort with our backs against the wall, still need someone to get the big hit that clears the bases once to break a game open!

Regardless of the fact that the Series returned to Cleveland and they are on the verge of elimination, I honestly think its good for them to get back on the road. Despite what's at stake and Wrigley being absolutely energized the few games, I cannot imagine the added pressure of playing at home to end the drought. They need to relax (easier said than done) and maybe getting away from the friendly confines and the tension in the air is what they need. They can concentrate on taking two from Cleveland and then returning as Champions as opposed to the pressure of winning for the home crowd.

Schwarber is batting 2nd. an Baez is batting 9th. tonight. JH will be playing right field and batting 7th. or 8th. The Cubs have got this and are going to push it to a 7th. game!

Talked with some people before I left work about Schwarber batting 2nd. They are all against it. My take is that they have to pitch to him or face Bryant, Rizzo, and Zobrist. Put him at 7, they pitch around him and face Heyward and Baez. Also may get him an extra at bat. Hopefully it works out.

Fear the Schwarb....ok, he may get out his 1st at bat, but give him 3 more AB's, he will pull your heart out and eat it right in front of you and use your uniform to wipe his mouth, can't f**king wait.....

Baez breaks out of his slump, goes 2-4, 3 rbi's...hell, Grandpa Ross gets in the act. ...HR his 1st time up....Cubs 4-1.....(God I hope so)

Is this real, or are they just messing with me, stringing me along, getting my excitement up, only to, well, Cub.

It is for REAL.....

Cubs just might make Bill Murray cry tonight.....

pLxFnUFVEvWzw8GafTapq5q0wchYBiK8dKnkECLJkLnSuu9_Udv2Asfs98r3pnRvqv2HX_QLJQO-ymCzWSxUcc4Mw_cOqDl5S7OfYqfSi0Owp83MeKUrLS2fhiykt0Cwa7nIl9riLrLh_rTrW2o=s0-d-e1-ft

Uh, did someone put something in their Gatorade tonight, or is it just me? Holy crap.....beat them like a red headed step child

1 run is fine for that inning. 68 pitches through 4. Would be nice if he could go 8 and save the pen.

Only about 17 pitches an inning. That is a very good number. The lowest number of pitches would be 3 an inning.....

The most efficient pitching game would have 27 pitches the entire game. Perfect game with no walks or strikeouts.....

Still waiting for that game. I did watch Don Larson's Perfect Game for the Yankees in the World Series....