Chicago Cubs 2016 Thread

I would just like to say, after this big Game 6 win, how much I hate Joe Buck!

Cub bats have come alive. Couldn't happen at a better time. One more to go, boys!

Just cannot believe I woke up this morning and the Cubs are in Game 7 of the WORLD SERIES!!!
Don't fret boys, Chapman will be ready. He's in phenomenal shape and is strong as an Ox. Lester will throw to a left handed hitter if needed. Key to the game will be playing great defense as Hendricks will throw strikes and they'll put the ball in play. And of course the one clutch hit. If we can find a way to beat Kluber/Miller/Allen we'll have earned this big time. Those 3 have been unhittable all postseason and I don't expect to see anyone other than those 3 tonight.

On a side note, waking up to the news of the two DesMoines officers killed overnight sure puts a damper on things no matter the outcome tonight. An unfortunate reminder there are more important things than a game. Praying for their families.

I think Chicago plays smart....aggressive in the box, take what Kluber throws and put the ball in play...Hendricks will have to keep that ball down in the zone, leads to a lot of ground outs....Joe will work his magic ....Miller is erratic, so patience is the key. I'm so f**king nervous I can't even concentrate . ...sad note regarding DM and the cop killings. It does bring things on perspective

Best thing to happen to the Cubbies in my opinion was getting thru game 5 and getting the series moved back to Cleveland. Simply way to much pressure to end the drought in front of the home crowd. Hopefully we'll see the Indians fold again under the weight of Cleveland, and the drought, on their shoulders.

If we don't pull it out, the reason will be Game 3. Tomlin on the mound and a 20mph wind blowing out and we couldn't muster up a run. But I love this team, great guys and very resilient. If anyone could pull off this incredible feat it'd be these guys. Bryant is heating up at just the right time and also Riz. I'm with NEIC, I'm so nervous right now its hard to get anything done at work.

If we don't pull it out, the reason will be Game 3. Tomlin on the mound and a 20mph wind blowing out and we couldn't muster up a run. But I love this team, great guys and very resilient. If anyone could pull off this incredible feat it'd be these guys. Bryant is heating up at just the right time and also Riz. I'm with NEIC, I'm so nervous right now its hard to get anything done at work.
That was the game that was most head scratching to me. I think the pressure of being in Chicago and the energy may have been a little overwhelming? Hard to say, but a win tonight, none of it matters.

Kluber and Miller are going to be so tough. I just don't trust the Cub bullpen in 5 hours or so I hope I am wrong.

Nerves.....get in the box and take a good hack.....hero's will be made tonight and it's gonna be a f**king blast, win or lose . ....Go Cubs and go Cubs faithful . ...it's been as much of an adventure now as it was in April . ...time to finish it right here right now

Lol Did you guys see the look on that kids face when he got that drink spilled on him. Lol Priceless! He was wearing an Iowa Cub jersey on.

Latest posts