Chicago Cubs 2015 Thread

Yea, Wainright is coming out of the pen.

Honestly I wanted to go against the Cards in the worst way. I think everyone in that Chicago front office and dugout realize that is you want to be the dominate team in the central for the next 5-10 years, you gotta take that mantel from the Cards. I don't like the Cards, but there is no doubt they have been one of the if not the best run organization in baseball for awhile now.

This is a great opportunity to step up and take that from them. As Miller and Deace and Ric Flair say....."To be the man, you gotta beat the man. Woooooo!"

Man what a good feeling to knock out the Cards.

Thoughts on who the Cubs should throw game 1?? I say go with Lester... he'll be well rested. I kind of like Arrieta in game 2 who will also be well rested by Sunday. I also like the thought of Jake winning game 2 and bringing back momentum to Chicago even if Lester were to drop game 1.

Thoughts on who the Cubs should throw game 1?? I say go with Lester... he'll be well rested. I kind of like Arrieta in game 2 who will also be well rested by Sunday. I also like the thought of Jake winning game 2 and bringing back momentum to Chicago even if Lester were to drop game 1.

I would lean Lester, Jake has thrown a ton of innings, I would give him the extra day off. The difference with starting him in Game 1 or 2 probably just means he's not available out of the bullpen in Game 7 if it goes that far, but I can live with that.

Be tough to not throw Arietta though. I say you go with your best all year and that is Arietta. Glad the Dodgers are going 5 games hopefully that helps.
Either way I am stoked we dethroned the Cardinals!!! I couldn't even sit I was pacing the last 3 innings!
I ordered my "TAKE OCTOBER" Hoodie last night!

It is nce having time to get the rotation reset for the NLCS. Lester in game 1 and Jake in game 2. That way they can pitch games 5 and 6 on normal 4 days rest with the off day.

I would lean Lester, Jake has thrown a ton of innings, I would give him the extra day off. The difference with starting him in Game 1 or 2 probably just means he's not available out of the bullpen in Game 7 if it goes that far, but I can live with that.

Agreed. Arrieta has been a beast, but I am not expecting him to do what Baumgartner did last year.

I certainly would prefer to take on the Mets but the Dodgers will have thrown Kershaw and Greinke in their last 2 games so we probably wouldn't see them until game 2 and 3. Mets have DeGrom going tonight so we wouldn't see him until probably game 3.

Either way, I think Cubs should have a huge advantage with these couple extra days of rest.

I certainly would prefer to take on the Mets but the Dodgers will have thrown Kershaw and Greinke in their last 2 games so we probably wouldn't see them until game 2 and 3. Mets have DeGrom going tonight so we wouldn't see him until probably game 3.

Either way, I think Cubs should have a huge advantage with these couple extra days of rest.

I agree with you about the rest, and I LOVE that we get to put our top two pitchers out there in games 1 & 2. Yet a little part of me hates that we have 3 days off with the momentum the Cubs had going. Winning 3 in a row, with the bats rolling.....I hope that doesn't cool the Cubbies bats off.

I didn't see this posted already, so in case you haven't seen it check it out.

Schwarber's bomb from the other night managed to make it over the Budweiser sign, but did not carry onto Sheffield as some thought. It actually stayed on top of what is now being called the "Schwarboard" in right field!

This article shows it in a picture and what they ended up doing with it after verifying it was the same ball.

GO CUBS GO!

http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2015/10/14/154428196/kyle-schwarbers-game-4-home-run-landed-on-scoreboard

Well crossing my fingers, I got an email from the Cubs saying I had the chance to purchase NLCS tickets at noon today, up to 4! hoping I get through!!! I may consider selling them though if I get them.

Should be a good series, I like the cubbies chances! Sucks about Russell being out. Baez needs to clean up his fielding!

Should be a good series, I like the cubbies chances! Sucks about Russell being out. Baez needs to clean up his fielding!
Javy is usually pretty solid in the field. He's not Russell, but he will be fine. Just a little nervous coming in cold. I'm not worried.

Man I wish tickets weren't so damn expensive. I'd spend $200 or $250 per ticket but the cheapest around are $450 so that's almost a grand just for a pair of tickets. Damn.

Man I wish tickets weren't so damn expensive. I'd spend $200 or $250 per ticket but the cheapest around are $450 so that's almost a grand just for a pair of tickets. Damn.

I have 4 tickets to game 4 standing room only. I'm not 100% sure yet if logistically I'm going to be able to make it around work and another trip planned. I may consider selling them, and may be able to get in that range. If you're interested let me know, or anyone else. I'll hopefully know by tomorrow (Sunday) night.