Chicago Cubs 2015 Thread

Jitters, obviously, had some hard balls hit, Harvey, not so tough, just a tough night w/some tough conditions, Jake gets'em tonight, and we just take care of s*it in Chicago.... this team is too damn stacked, NY Mets, not so much....An errant throw by the Mets left fielder, and it's a one run game, Baez d/n whiff w/guys on 1st and 2nd, 1 out, and moves guys around, we might get another....Lester kept two pitches over the plate, HR's.....this series will go well beyond 4 games.....

What a joke Wrigley field is. "Let's cover a brick wall in ivy" somehow still makes sense in 2015. Robbed the Mets of an rbi triple

Well it was a great run, but we didn't play very well, and the Mets are hot right now. I do think this is the start of something, not the end...

Here here DJL, I concur, I really had no aspirations for this year anyway, I've always thought we were 2-3 years away...this series will make them a little more hungry in the off-season.....I realize it's not over til it's over, but, we will sit down tonight, watch, and we might even get a "W", so hats off to the Cubs for having all of us believe in you, and we can't wait until next year

I know Cubs have certainly out performed the expectations for the year but I'm still struggling to not be disappointed because I had high hopes of how the pitching rotation was set up for the series.

I know Cubs have certainly out performed the expectations for the year but I'm still struggling to not be disappointed because I had high hopes of how the pitching rotation was set up for the series.

Arrieta's hit the wall hard in the playoffs. He's thrown more innings than anyone in baseball and he looks like it now.

Arrieta's hit the wall hard in the playoffs. He's thrown more innings than anyone in baseball and he looks like it now.

That and the Mets seem to be 12 deep with starters who all seem to throw 100 mph. The cubs have got a lot of great young bats, the Mets have a lot of great young arms. Theo is gonna add another starter will be interesting who he gets.

That and the Mets seem to be 12 deep with starters who all seem to throw 100 mph. The cubs have got a lot of great young bats, the Mets have a lot of great young arms. Theo is gonna add another starter will be interesting who he gets.

The Mets do have good pitching, but we've seen the Cubs offense look like this for stretches against mediocre pitching as well. When Rizzo slumps, it can drag the whole offense down and it looks like every guy up is trying to hit a three run home run with no one on base.

Let's not forget Murphy and his Lance Armstrong level juice in his veins. He's only hit home runs in back to back games once back in 2002 and has currently hit one in 5 straight off the best pitchers in baseball? Weird that it's in the playoffs.

I agree with you about the rest, and I LOVE that we get to put our top two pitchers out there in games 1 & 2. Yet a little part of me hates that we have 3 days off with the momentum the Cubs had going. Winning 3 in a row, with the bats rolling.....I hope that doesn't cool the Cubbies bats off.

Seems my worst case scenery is coming true. The Cubs bats haven't just cooled, they are freaking frozen.

Last edited:

True but this is more hindsight. I wasn't really concerned coming into the series when his last 2 starts (1 impressive shut out and 1 not so impressive but still a win) and he would be starting on full rest.

I just hope they can make some sort of series out of this....to go 0 for NLCS is driving me crazy....Did I imagine this or did Zach Grienke opt out of his contract (I think 3 years w/the Dodgers)? Would he be an option?