Chicago Cubs 2015 Thread

Oh wow, a Cardinals and Husker fan... the double whammy. He must be almost unbearable :p

You have no idea....he's on my wife's facebook, and I just wanna punch his ugly mug, his born again attitude is what really pi$$es me off also, come on Cubs/Hawks, you gotta do it and help me out...:eek:

The thing I love about this year's Cubs team is that they seem to go out, play loose, and just have fun. They don't care about any of that 1908 crap, no matter how much Cardinals fans and everyone else in the universe is going to want to rub that in to try and get into their heads. I think Joe Maddon has a lot to do with that - would love to play for that guy if I was a ballplayer.

When I watched last night, Joe was as cool as the under side of the pillow, Clint, chewing his gum like he was on fire (now granted being down 3-0, then 4-0 would do that to a person, how in the hell could he even move his mouth/jaw after that game? I was damn tired just watching him....Joe is a great role model for these young kids, he's a proven winner, and as calm as I've ever seen anyone in that capacity...If more coaches were like him....Good point 1977

The thing I love about this year's Cubs team is that they seem to go out, play loose, and just have fun. They don't care about any of that 1908 crap, no matter how much Cardinals fans and everyone else in the universe is going to want to rub that in to try and get into their heads. I think Joe Maddon has a lot to do with that - would love to play for that guy if I was a ballplayer.

As they shouldn't. The Cubs were poorly run for about 70 years. They only made the playoffs seven times since 1945 before this year, it's not surprising the didn't win when they gave themselves so few chances. Now they are the best run organization in the MLB. They have a good owner who's been dumping money into the organization even if it wasn't going into payroll. Great facilities all over, a ton of front office and scouting talent, a great manager, tons of elite young talent which has come up over the last two years and still have a ton of depth in the minors plus they have money to spend with a new TV deal coming up. The window to win just started to crack open this year and it's going to stay open for a while.

As they shouldn't. The Cubs were poorly run for about 70 years. They only made the playoffs seven times since 1945 before this year, it's not surprising the didn't win when they gave themselves so few chances. Now they are the best run organization in the MLB. They have a good owner who's been dumping money into the organization even if it wasn't going into payroll. Great facilities all over, a ton of front office and scouting talent, a great manager, tons of elite young talent which has come up over the last two years and still have a ton of depth in the minors plus they have money to spend with a new TV deal coming up. The window to win just started to crack open this year and it's going to stay open for a while.

Well said. All those naysayers who point at history don't realize the changes that have been made throughout the organization top to bottom. The success of this team is no fluke. Instead it's a product of what the Ricketts have built when they opened the checkbook and brought in Jed & Theo.

They are a year or two ahead of schedule......No matter what happens this season they will probably add an arm to the starting rotation next year. We could be looking at something similar to what the Braves had throughout the 90's. Hopefully, they get more World Series rings.

I keep forgetting this is a best of 5.........Is Wainright coming out the pen? Trying not to do the Arrieta/Baumgartner(sp?) comparison, but I am doing it and I have a feeling that I am gonna be let down.

I keep forgetting this is a best of 5.........Is Wainright coming out the pen? Trying not to do the Arrieta/Baumgartner(sp?) comparison, but I am doing it and I have a feeling that I am gonna be let down.

Yea, Wainright is coming out of the pen.

Honestly I wanted to go against the Cards in the worst way. I think everyone in that Chicago front office and dugout realize that is you want to be the dominate team in the central for the next 5-10 years, you gotta take that mantel from the Cards. I don't like the Cards, but there is no doubt they have been one of the if not the best run organization in baseball for awhile now.

This is a great opportunity to step up and take that from them. As Miller and Deace and Ric Flair say....."To be the man, you gotta beat the man. Woooooo!"

Yea, Wainright is coming out of the pen.

Honestly I wanted to go against the Cards in the worst way. I think everyone in that Chicago front office and dugout realize that is you want to be the dominate team in the central for the next 5-10 years, you gotta take that mantel from the Cards. I don't like the Cards, but there is no doubt they have been one of the if not the best run organization in baseball for awhile now.

This is a great opportunity to step up and take that from them. As Miller and Deace and Ric Flair say....."To be the man, you gotta beat the man. Woooooo!"

It makes me puke, but the Cards being compared to the Patriots and Spurs is fair. They just plug people in and figure it out.....The Cards and the Giants just know how to win---when it is money time.

Well, Cub fans, we need to come out swinging tomorrow night, need a "split" and take'em in Wrigley, these are the Cards, your nemesis, need to show up and get after it....Hendricks tomorrow night...tonight, they looked scared....

Fantastic answer by the Cubs Saturday after it appeared the Cardinals were going to reign easily! That is why I love this team, they always punch back! Can't wait for tonight, wish I was in Wrigley!

I did look at only the games Jake pitched and specifically against STL, and they did beat him (very early in the season, May), I think it was 5.1....But, we, as a team have demolished Wacha, so, again, advantage Cubs, in Wrigley today, Wrigleyville will be going crazy....there will be a lot of red in the stands,a lot of blue in the stands, a lot of Cards cryin their Budweisers...

Heck of a display of power by the Cubs. Hitters what, 1-6 hit bombs? MLB record. Amazing stuff. Chance to take the series tomorrow!

The only thing that scares me is Hammel, he's either hot or he's cold......series on the the line, who knows....Go Cubs

**** yeah, in Chi-Town, we're movin on. The nice thing is we've seen him early so our kids will know what's up...Callin right now, movin on...Hammel is a stretch to go beyond 5, but if he can go at least 6, we're in....I will be on the road, and maybe close to a tv by 1st pitch, can't wait....Go Cubs

Latest posts