Chicago Cubs 2015 Thread

Anyone else completely pumped yet extremely nervous for the game tomorrow night!!!?? I could get used to this feeling, here is to a long run of Octobers in the near future for the Cubs!

POSTSEASON GAMEDAY! Cubs Win 3-1 in a pitchers duel! Rizzo with the clutch hit of the game!
I hope you are right. For some reason I am very confident as well, but anything can happen in a one game playoff. It's been a great season, I would really like to see it continue.

I had to literally pinch my self this morning, no, I'm not dreaming, they are in the playoffs baby, go get'em Jake & Co...

I hope you are right. For some reason I am very confident as well, but anything can happen in a one game playoff. It's been a great season, I would really like to see it continue.

I found myself telling my kids we had to schedule a trip to see family around the Cubs game Friday...I finally had to catch myself and let them know they had to win tonight first though. Not sure why I am so confident must be an Arietta thing :rolleyes: Absolutely right though, these 1 gamers are a crap shoot.

I found myself telling my kids we had to schedule a trip to see family around the Cubs game Friday...I finally had to catch myself and let them know they had to win tonight first though. Not sure why I am so confident must be an Arietta thing :rolleyes: Absolutely right though, these 1 gamers are a crap shoot.
We are Cubs fans after all. I guess we should be expecting some sort of nut punch, but this team feels different with different leadership. I'm not saying I expect the Cubs to win the World Series this year, but I do expect them to be contenders for a long time now and to get one soon.

You have two excellent pitchers going tonight....they have seen each others stuff, so it's not going to be a surprise to anyone what's thrown....it comes down to execution, errors, a hanging slider or curve that will tell the tale. Can the Cubs get to Cole? I hope they can, early and often...Should be fun to watch...Buster Olney described Arrieta as a pitcher who (for right now) is un-hittable w/the way he's been throwing, especially in the 2nd half of the season....

I can't begin to explain how nervous I am for this game tonight. As good as the Cubs and Arrieta have been this year, they are still playing the 2nd best team in all of baseball in their home park. This is a monumental task in front of them and there is no shame if they aren't able to pick them off. It just sucks that 2 of the 3 best teams in the league won't even make the Championship Series.

I can't begin to explain how nervous I am for this game tonight. As good as the Cubs and Arrieta have been this year, they are still playing the 2nd best team in all of baseball in their home park. This is a monumental task in front of them and there is no shame if they aren't able to pick them off. It just sucks that 2 of the 3 best teams in the league won't even make the Championship Series.
I really wish Jake could pitch 3 times in every series. He is just a man among boys right now. Incredible. I may need some Xanax for the next series.

Cubs vs. Cards is gonna be epic! How's a guy supposed to get any sleep or work during this? So pumped!
What I am most amazed by is how fearless and confident this team plays every night. The Pirates looked like the ones playing with 107 years of pressure on their backs last night not the Cubs. Credit Joe Maddon and the veterans for the clubhouse chemistry. What a fun team to watch!!! Bring on the Cards!!!

100% agree. I think the fact that this team is loaded with rookies actually helps them. They don't know that they are supposed to be nervous in this situation. Schwarber sure didn't have any butterflies last night. I'm excited to see who steps up next time. Fun to watch for sure!

100% agree. I think the fact that this team is loaded with rookies actually helps them. They don't know that they are supposed to be nervous in this situation. Schwarber sure didn't have any butterflies last night. I'm excited to see who steps up next time. Fun to watch for sure!
Schwarber hit crushed that HR last night and I jumped out of my chair the second it left his bat. I liked the bat flip too. He certainly seemed plenty loose. Cardinal fan seems a little cocky right now. It would be great to steal one in St. Louis early and watch them sweat.

Schwarber hit crushed that HR last night and I jumped out of my chair the second it left his bat. I liked the bat flip too. He certainly seemed plenty loose. Cardinal fan seems a little cocky right now. It would be great to steal one in St. Louis early and watch them sweat.

Cardinal fans are so arrogant I cannot tell you how rewarding this would be to beat them in the playoffs. Oh please let it happen!!!

Key for us always is to jump ahead early. Get momentum and gives Maddon more options. Let's go!!!

You got it Bogeyman, I've got neighbors that are Cardinal fans (they don't flaunt their arrogance around), but I would like to rib them a little, however, our former Sports Editor of our local paper is a Cardinals fan and a Husker fan, and that's the guy I would love to shut up....Go Cubs, Ernie is smiling right now boys, and that can only bring good luck...

You got it Bogeyman, I've got neighbors that are Cardinal fans (they don't flaunt their arrogance around), but I would like to rib them a little, however, our former Sports Editor of our local paper is a Cardinals fan and a Husker fan, and that's the guy I would love to shut up....Go Cubs, Ernie is smiling right now boys, and that can only bring good luck...

Oh wow, a Cardinals and Husker fan... the double whammy. He must be almost unbearable :p

Latest posts