Chicago Cubs 2014 Season Thread (super-official)

Crap! I take my eyes off the game for a few minutes and P's put up 5. Turds!

I literally sent my buddy a message at work telling him how we were up 4-2 at the time (he loves dogging on the Cubs, which I don't get since we're already as low as you can get), but that the bullpen would blow it. Same old story over, and over again. Phack....

The Cubs are apparently on a mission to see how many games they can lose by 1 run this year. 3-6, and four of those losses are by one run.

Same patterns as last year: Score a bit early, then rest. Decent starting pitching, find a reliever to blow the game. Lose a ton of one-run games.

The Cubs are apparently on a mission to see how many games they can lose by 1 run this year. 3-6, and four of those losses are by one run.

Meh, they were never good enough to make the playoffs anyway. I just want the younger players to play well, the older players to play well enough to get something back in return for them, and I'd like them to have a decent draft pick for next year's draft.

The cardinal coach looked a little peeved. Can't believe the cubbies pulled that mess of a game out of their arse.

Anybody else struggling to get the local broadcast on WGN, for some reason Dish Network has the game blacked out.

Anybody else struggling to get the local broadcast on WGN, for some reason Dish Network has the game blacked out.

Not missing too much. Rizzo gave the Cubs the lead with a 2 run jack in the 1st. Edwin Jackson gave it right back to them in the 2nd inning. Now it's in a rain delay.

Heard Jeff Samardzija on Dan Patrick yesterday. He was asked if he was going to be traded. He said he hoped not but it depends on how the season goes. In other words, he fully expects to be traded.

Heard Jeff Samardzija on Dan Patrick yesterday. He was asked if he was going to be traded. He said he hoped not but it depends on how the season goes. In other words, he fully expects to be traded.

I think all parties involved know he will be traded. Just a matter of how well he pitches to increase his trade value. It's too bad because I think he has the stuff to be a solid number 1 in a rotation. I'm hoping they decide to keep him. Hard to find sold arms like his.

I think all parties involved know he will be traded. Just a matter of how well he pitches to increase his trade value. It's too bad because I think he has the stuff to be a solid number 1 in a rotation. I'm hoping they decide to keep him. Hard to find sold arms like his.
Agree. I was really hoping the Cubs and their young players would make some progress this year and then we could keep Shark, and maybe go get some help for 2015. Realistically, we may not be good for a few more years, in which case, it makes no sense to keep him.

Latest posts