Chicago Cubs 2014 Season Thread (super-official)

Another guy that is very interesting is Andrew Miller. I'm not a big James Russel fan and to have a solid lefty in the pen like Miller would be a luxury. Overall our bullpen isn't too bad. It seems like everyone is throwing gas anymore these days so finding a guy to closer may not be as tough as it used to be. There has been rumors the Royals may shop Holland since they have Herrara and Davis also. We'll see.

Screen_Shot_2014-11-03_at_12.01.10_PM.0.0_cinema_1050.0.png

No surprise but the Cubs have already met with Russell Martin and his agent. They seem pretty keyed in on him.

It looks like Anthony Rizzo got robbed of the Silver Slugger. NL 1B went to Adrian Gonazalez, even though Rizzo bested Gonzalez in nearly every relevant batting statistic.

Cubs have Jon Lester out for a fancy steak diner tonight. Tom Ricketts has joined the party. They really want him in Chicago.

Cubs have Jon Lester out for a fancy steak diner tonight. Tom Ricketts has joined the party. They really want him in Chicago.

After passing on overpaying for Martin it will be interesting to see what they do with Lester. I think they are willing to spend big money but just not go overboard with years and money that don't make sense. If we were only one player away from the world series, maybe they overpay, but I think they realize we are still probably a year away at least realistically. There is another good crop of pitchers next year in FA. What if we made a crazy bonus offer to someone instead? Like , if you help the Cubs in a world series during the life of your contract you receive $50mil or something like that to intrigue players?

Latest posts