Chicago Cubs 2014 Season Thread (super-official)

Samardzija has to be wondering what the heck he has to do to get a W.. 9 IP, no ER, and a no decision. 0-3 with a 1.62.

No joke. He's gotta be fed up with the non-support. I know he was on record not too long ago saying that he wanted to stay in Chicago, but who knows now...

I really hope they hold on to him. He's really coming into his own right now and being that dominating pitcher that people thought he could be. I'm sure they'll ship him off though. Who spends money on quality players, right?

No joke. He's gotta be fed up with the non-support. I know he was on record not too long ago saying that he wanted to stay in Chicago, but who knows now...

I really hope they hold on to him. He's really coming into his own right now and being that dominating pitcher that people thought he could be. I'm sure they'll ship him off though. Who spends money on quality players, right?

I have to admit I was skeptical for a while that he was going to be any better than a #3-4 type guy in the rotation, but he's straight up getting it done. I'd like to see the Cubs hang on to him, too, but I agree with you that he will almost certainly get traded. Especially the way he is pitching this year.

Ricketty cricketss needs to pay Jeff. He's been a great teammate through all this and clubhouse loves what hes doing. He's the best thing the Cubs got going this year. Don't trade him for 3 more minor league projects that will blow their elbows. Look at the pen.... Theo and Ricketty Cricket can't evaluate pitching tallent.

He's had at least a dozen starts now, pitching effectively, without getting a W. He may wind up demanding a trade pretty soon. He only gets one career. Why spend it with this bunch of losers?

Well if they trade Jeff maybe we can get a Mike Olt 2.0 like we did in the Garza deal :) Man teams would be scared of the Cubs then!!

Navarro 2014 stats
Season Stats
GABH2B3BHRRBIRBBKSBCSAVGOBPSLGOPS

Castilo Stats 2014 (Just Look at the diffrence in Ks) The Cubs love strike out guys
Season Stats
GABH2B3BHRRBIRBBKSBCSAVGOBPSLGOPS

The main piece to the Garza deal was CJ Edwards who has the stuff to be a #1 in the future. He's doing well in AA Tennessee right now.

I feel like the final Jeopardy theme song on repeat would be a very fitting song for this current organization. Just waiting, and waiting, and waiting..

Last edited:
So...apparently I-Cubs LHP Chris Rusin threw a no hitter today. The first no-no for the Des Moines club since 1984.

So...apparently I-Cubs LHP Chris Rusin threw a no hitter today. The first no-no for the Des Moines club since 1984.

That is a piece of good news. Starting pitching has not been horrid this year. Scoring runs and the 7th - 9th inning have neen very poor. At this point I will take any piece of good news I can get.

Does anyone else on here want the Cubs to resign Jeff? That would be the best news of the whole season. I get if he wants to leave but it was not long ago he said he wants to be a Cub. There are not a lot of guys saying that.

That is a piece of good news. Starting pitching has not been horrid this year. Scoring runs and the 7th - 9th inning have neen very poor. At this point I will take any piece of good news I can get.

Does anyone else on here want the Cubs to resign Jeff? That would be the best news of the whole season. I get if he wants to leave but it was not long ago he said he wants to be a Cub. There are not a lot of guys saying that.

I sure wouldn't mind seeing him stick around, but not if they have to totally overspend to keep him, of course.

Kris Bryant has hit 3 HRs the last two days and leads his league with 9 on the year. He is batting .328 in AA Tennessee as the Cubs #2 minor league prospect after being selected the 2nd overall pick in the 2013 draft.

I suspect every team can point to some bright lights in their farm system. Unfortunately for Cub fans, the powers that be have decided that should be enough to hold over the fans of the parent team for a half decade or so.

Holy Cow! 17 to 5! Why is it we can only beat the stinken birds? It sure is a lot of fun though. Keep Jeff S. and sign some more long hairs. I'll get a good nights sleep tonight. Thanks birdies. Oh by the way the cards lowered some of their ticket prices to fill the stadium. Hahahahahahahahaha. It did not work.

I just Don't get this Samardzija thing. The CUBS scored 17 runs tonight and Jeff's last eight starts the CUBS have only scored 15 runs. Brutal!

If the cubs can sign Shark for 5/75 or less, then yes. I'd say even give him a NTC, but anything more than that trade him and move on.

Shark is 29 hes got good miles let on those tires. Lock him up! If the Cubs score any runs in his starts like any runs they could easily have another 4+ wins and folks would be talking way diffrent about turn around times for this club.

Shark is 29 hes got good miles let on those tires. Lock him up! If the Cubs score any runs in his starts like any runs they could easily have another 4+ wins and folks would be talking way diffrent about turn around times for this club.
It all depends on the cost. He may have miles left, but who knows if he will be the pitcher he is now in a few years let alone at the end of this year. Last year he started great and fell apart in the 2nd half. I want to keep Shark becuase healthy TOR arms are tough to find, but he's not worth breaking the bank for, especially with the prospect return he could have if he keeps pitching this way through July.

Latest posts