Chicago Cubs 2014 Season Thread (super-official)

If the Red Sox can turn things around quickly, the haul of Cespedes, Kelly, and Craig is very strong. The Cubs' haul has a higher ceiling than the Red Sox haul, the Red Sox haul is more of a sure thing.

The Red Sox gave up half their roster to get those players, and I don't think I'd call Craig a sure thing especially in Boston where he'll be forced to play one of the corner outfield spots.

The Red Sox gave up half their roster to get those players, and I don't think I'd call Craig a sure thing especially in Boston where he'll be forced to play one of the corner outfield spots.
I think you have a pretty good idea of what you can get from the new Red Sox. The Cubs did well at the deadline. They now have some big time prospects at nearly every position. Like several of us have said throughout the thread, not all of them will turn out. However, with so many prospects doing so well in the minors, I'm willing to let myself be very excited for the future of the origination.

As a Cardinal fan, I'm really not happy with what's going on in the Chicago system. If they get some pitching talent to go with the hitters, the Cubs could actually be pretty good in a few years.

As a Cardinal fan, I'm really not happy with what's going on in the Chicago system. If they get some pitching talent to go with the hitters, the Cubs could actually be pretty good in a few years.

That's the plan atx...I just said yesterday...World Series in 5 years...

I'm pretty sure I read that the front office's strategy is to draft/develop the position players through the minors, and buy the arms, more or less, when the time is right.

The Cubs seem to have some pretty good bats developing and getting close. They won't all pan out in the bigs, but the next couple years could get a little more interesting for Cubbie fans, and maybe more worrisome for Cards fans.. That's what this particular Cubs fan wants to believe, anyway.

I'll be heading to my first I Cub game since Corey Patterson was playing in a couple weeks. Looking forward to seeing all the great young prospects.

Baez has been called up and will join the Cubs in Colorado tomorrow nite....Theo throws out a cookie for the long suffering cub fans.

Baez has been called up and will join the Cubs in Colorado tomorrow nite....Theo throws out a cookie for the long suffering cub fans.

Fist Alcantara, now Baez. Look for Soler in September, Bryant in late-April/Early-May, and Russell sometime around next year's All Star Break.

ron-paul.gif

NOOOOO!!!! You couldn't freaking wait until after I got to see him Des Moines first Theo!

I think we all knew this was coming after the Bonifacio trade. Perhaps Russell will get the call up to Iowa now too.

There is no doubt the guy has power with how hard he swings the bat. The plate discipline though... Still a work in progress but the future looks very bright for him.

yes, the comparisons to Gary Sheffield seem correct...great bat speed. But, will strike out a lot initially.

Latest posts