Carton Update

Sounds like you're falsely labeling Bo.

25804604.sfxl.jpg

LOL

Not sure what that response means. It was obvious what he meant. You missed it. I pointed it out.
Translation: it means there are too many people that called him out for a Capt. Obvious statement and promoting himself to a 5-Star Gen Patton over us rube Private Ryans.

I’m still celebrating Independence Day.

wow. so fran is just like bo pelini, huh? name me a time fran has exploded during a press conference. and provide the video evidence, please. there's plenty of pelini doing that. hyperbole, exaggeration are ok; but only when done with care. you just falsely labeled fran something he isn't.

I don't ever recall Pelini being such a psycho that the refs start making calls against his team. Now maybe this has happened, I don't watch Nebraska football, unless we are the ones kicking their ass. Fran's demeanor seems to cost Iowa foul calls. Other B1G coaches know how to work the refs, but not good old Fran, he just freaks out at them, screams, and puts the team in bad situations.

I have never been a fan of his sideline antics. And I know he isn't like that all the time, but at least twice a year he seems to have a fit like a 5 year old child. It is stupid, and is typically a huge detriment to the team.

wow. so fran is just like bo pelini, huh? name me a time fran has exploded during a press conference. and provide the video evidence, please. there's plenty of pelini doing that. hyperbole, exaggeration are ok; but only when done with care. you just falsely labeled fran something he isn't.

Fran is just incredibly icy and a dick sometimes at press conferences.

Not only that, but he can just be a outright dick to others as well. I know he has screamed at Iowa's own clock operator on more than one occasion.

Then when you ask him about being on the hot seat after a shitty ass season in which he goes 4-14 in conference play he is a dick and acts like he has been some big time winner at Iowa, saying "look at the body of work". Well ok Fran, I will. You are 150-120 at Iowa and 67-75 in conference play. You have made 3 NCAA tournaments in 8 years.

That to me looks like the record of a coach who should be fired, I don't think you should be going to the old "look at the body of work" card, when this is your fucking body of work.

I just wish the damned players had Fran's passion level.
Sometimes with coaches that are like that the players turtle up into their shells as opposed to what you and I wish they'd do. Could you imagine if JBo had Drew Tates on field demeanor? It's nice to be cool and calm but a little fire sure never hurt anything. As long as your not getting Td up and crossing the line. Cook at times would get pretty fired up when he'd make a big play but I'd sure like to see more of it from some other guys too.

Not only that, but he can just be a outright dick to others as well. I know he has screamed at Iowa's own clock operator on more than one occasion.

Then when you ask him about being on the hot seat after a shitty ass season in which he goes 4-14 in conference play he is a dick and acts like he has been some big time winner at Iowa, saying "look at the body of work". Well ok Fran, I will. You are 150-120 at Iowa and 67-75 in conference play. You have made 3 NCAA tournaments in 8 years.

That to me looks like the record of a coach who should be fired, I don't think you should be going to the old "look at the body of work" card, when this is your fucking body of work.
To me that's what I feel the measuring stick should be. I mean if your not expecting them to be advancing to the sweet 16 or better once in awhile than just getting to the dance more than half the time outta be a fair measuring stick. Some talking heads think with as many spots as their are for getting in the dance if your any sort of respectable program at all you should be getting in it. I don't think it's unreasonable for Iowa to be in the top 6 or 7 of the BIG every year at the least and get to the dance at a 3 out of 4 or 5 yr clip. We sure aren't even touching that though.... And I think my goals aren't the highest...

To me that's what I feel the measuring stick should be. I mean if your not expecting them to be advancing to the sweet 16 or better once in awhile than just getting to the dance more than half the time outta be a fair measuring stick. Some talking heads think with as many spots as their are for getting in the dance if your any sort of respectable program at all you should be getting in it. I don't think it's unreasonable for Iowa to be in the top 6 or 7 of the BIG every year at the least and get to the dance at a 3 out of 4 or 5 yr clip. We sure aren't even touching that though.... And I think my goals aren't the highest...

Totally agree. Heck I am Called and “apologist” on these boards so I think it is fair to say I cut coaches some slack. Finish in the top 1/2 of the B1G, win more conference games than you lose, make the NCAA’s 60% of the time. That isn’t being that demanding at all.

I’ll cut Fran slack on years 1 and 2, but over the other 6 years Fran is right at 50% on NCAA’s. If he can’t get it done this year he should absolutely be fired, no questions asked.

Totally agree. Heck I am Called and “apologist” on these boards so I think it is fair to say I cut coaches some slack. Finish in the top 1/2 of the B1G, win more conference games than you lose, make the NCAA’s 60% of the time. That isn’t being that demanding at all.

I’ll cut Fran slack on years 1 and 2, but over the other 6 years Fran is right at 50% on NCAA’s. If he can’t get it done this year he should absolutely be fired, no questions asked.
Amen to be fair he took over a dumpster fire and without landing a fab 5 type of class it takes time to rebuild. But for last yr to have happened there's just no excuse honestly... None at all. So if he's getting a mulligan for that this next year their should be as thin of ice as their is with a tourney dance being the least of his expectations...

lol. then, besides being extremely boring, so is kirk, then. hey, i've watched plenty of interviews of fran and i have never reached the conclusion you just did. so, to each his own. but being quiet and providing short answers after a loss is to be expected of most coaches.

On a few occasions, maybe. I'm the same way now and again when I lose at something for the first hour or so afterwards. It's how competitive people act when they lose.

For the most part, I wouldn't describe him that way though.

lol. then, besides being extremely boring, so is kirk, then. hey, i've watched plenty of interviews of fran and i have never reached the conclusion you just did. so, to each his own. but being quiet and providing short answers after a loss is to be expected of most coaches.

Maybe. Has Kirk ever said, "Stop asking stupid questions?" to a perfectly legitimate question? Telling reporters that they shouldn't be bringing questions up, even though they are totally valid questions? I think you'd have a totally different opinion of it if it were ISU's coach.

Maybe. Has Kirk ever said, "Stop asking stupid questions?" to a perfectly legitimate question? Telling reporters that they shouldn't be bringing questions up, even though they are totally valid questions? I think you'd have a totally different opinion of it if it were ISU's coach.
Different people handle things differently...in their DNA, raised differently, etc. I like Fran and I like Iowa State's basketball coach. I'm not an Iowa State fan but I think it's safe to say I'm a fan of their basketball coach.

bc, quite honestly, you don't know what i would or wouldn't believe. and yeah, i have heard kirk get...i'll call it...short with reporters. if it were an ISU coach; first, i probably wouldn't care enough to listen to a routine presser, but i would make a judgement on what is said in response to a question. it's called objectivity.

I like Fran and his passion sometimes, especially when it's to defend his players and argue bullshit calls. I'm doing the same thing at home when I'm watching him do it

How the team performs doesn't affect my life one bit and my face still gets more red than Fran's when they get screwed over.