Carton Update

You just don't know when to quit, do you? It's right there for everyone to see. I was right, you were wrong. Big surprise!

You were right calling him the most over rated recruit in the country and claiming he was only ranked that high because of his name? Let's see the proof in either statement

You just don't know when to quit, do you? It's right there for everyone to see. I was right, you were wrong. Big surprise!

why would I quit when you're too easy? You can't prove that he was the "most over rated player in the country" and only invited the 18 and U camp because of his name. 1. You haven't watched every player in the country to make that statement 2. This is dumb, but I'll go as long as you'd like cause I know you can't prove any of things you said. For the matter of the fact, I never said he was RATED right, I said, you don't know. Cause you don't.

You admitted that "He's going the wrong way"

You really don't know your head from your ass when it comes to evaluating basketball talent. Maybe you should stick to defending Buyout Barta; you seem to do a really decent job at it.

I admit he's going the wrong way - so that makes me wrong? I didn't say that he was ranked appropriately, I said you were fucking clueless. I still stand by that. If I was "wrong", then prove to me that he is the "most over rated recruit in the country" or that he got invited to the 18U USA camp because of his last name. You can't. So, why are you linking a conversation we had and declaring yourself "right". You really think of yourself as something special huh?

You've admitted before that I you don't know much about this subject, just do it again and I'll leave you alone. :)

1. I don't want you to leave me alone, 2. I don't know much about HS basketball recruiting. Never claimed to. 3. that doesn't make you right.

5Vll.gif

4. But I was right. When PMac was ranked Top 30, he most definitely was the most overrated recruit in the country. Most of these so called experts that rank recruits are idiots. Do you believe Carton is a better recruit than Wieskamp? Because that's what those idiots think.

honestly, I don't know who is the better recruit. I tend to side with you guys on stuff like this as far as projecting. Not an expert, don't pretend to be. Don't need to tell you guys "I was right". Cause what do I know? Not much. I am not saying he's over rated or under rated because I don't know. I can easily say that. Those are facts, I won't deny.

But, I won't let you say "I was right" over something that can't be quantified, measured or known at this point in the game. He's still a HS senior. You aren't right and IMO, makes you seem pretty ridiculous to go around claiming it. But, since you are, I want you to bear some proof. You haven't watched every recruit in the country to say "I'm right", Pmac hasn't played a game in college for you to say "you were right". Slow you're roll, that post will still be there in a few years.

You have to get this .... or maybe I should take more credit for knowing things about how basketball recruiting works.

Wieskamp was 16th I think when he committed to Iowa. Since then he's only looked more and more impressive in high school, AAU, and at camps. Yet he dropped 30 spots. More than likely because he's an Iowa boy who committed to Iowa. Now he's probably the most underrated kid in the country. For all we know, Patrick suffered the same fate. TK says he was the most overrated kid. I say he's now the most underrated. Who's right?

Wieskamp was 16th I think when he committed to Iowa. Since then he's only looked more and more impressive in high school, AAU, and at camps. Yet he dropped 30 spots. More than likely because he's an Iowa boy who committed to Iowa. Now he's probably the most underrated kid in the country. For all we know, Patrick suffered the same fate. TK says he was the most overrated kid. I say he's now the most underrated. Who's right?

neither can be proven - that's been my point since the word go. As an Iowa fan, I hope he's wrong, but I can't prove that. At least right now. Someday we can come back and re-visit this. I've also been wrong about a lot of things and I am sure most of us have. I don't see the point in hanging someone over it, I don't swing that big of a stick to proclaim I know things that can't be proven, but that's just me. As for TK, I like that he busts my balls, I deserve it a lot of times.

neither can be proven - that's been my point since the word go. As an Iowa fan, I hope he's wrong, but I can't prove that. At least right now. Someday we can come back and re-visit this. I've also been wrong about a lot of things and I am sure most of us have. I don't see the point in hanging someone over it, I don't swing that big of a stick to proclaim I know things that can't be proven, but that's just me. As for TK, I like that he busts my balls, I deserve it a lot of times.

In my opinion, predictions aren't a "right or wrong" thing. They are just guesses. If I guess heads on a coin flip, I don't consider myself right or wrong after it. Now if I said I know it's going to be heads, that would be another story.

I dont think Fran is completely off the hook here. He went all in on Carton and came up short. Its kinda like Tyler Ulis all over again.

There are some factors working against Fran and Iowa...Bohannon will be a starting guard for 2 more years, Fran's son is a PG with 4 more years of eligibility. If I'm a 2019 PG recruit and I look at Iowa, I know I'm probably not starting my freshman year, and then once Bohannon graduates I have to beat out the coach's son for playing time for the next 2 years. Is that really something I want to deal with? Or would I be better off going to a school where the coach's kids aren't on the team and a history of sending players to the NBA. To be honest, it seems pretty obvious why he crossed Iowa off the list.
Looking at Rob's article on a couple PGs we will be scouting it is obvious Carton was Fran's top priority...as he should have been. But Fran has been paying attention to the other guys available.

Any player that is worried about not being good enough to play because of the guys ahead of him on the roster lacks the confidence to play Big 10 basketball IMO. If that's how a kid makes their decision then they should go mid major.

If Wieskamp is elite...which I believe he is...I want him. I don't care if he's a 1 star according to the ranking services. Just come in and dominate. I can live with that from any player we sign.

Typical fran, swing and miss on any true PG, tired of his crappy coaching, his stupid acting stuff on sidelines and just not able to recruit worth a crud

Ouch bro. Is that really the ceiling you see for this team?

It is.
I just don't see improvement under Fran.
I think Fran would win around 15 games even if he had Villanova's starters.

And the more I think of Fran, the happier I am with Kirk.

Typical fran, swing and miss on any true PG, tired of his crappy coaching, his stupid acting stuff on sidelines and just not able to recruit worth a crud

I totally agree about Fran's antics on the sidelines. Grow up and act like a man, quit having tantrums like some internet posters on HN named @deanvogs It's embarrassing really. I prefer a stoic guy on the sidelines like Kirk over a raving maniac like a Pelini or Fran.

It is.
I just don't see improvement under Fran.
I think Fran would win around 15 games even if he had Villanova's starters.

And the more I think of Fran, the happier I am with Kirk.

Lol at least there is upside to your misery.

4. But I was right. When PMac was ranked Top 30, he most definitely was the most overrated recruit in the country. Most of these so called experts that rank recruits are idiots. Do you believe Carton is a better recruit than Wieskamp? Because that's what those idiots think.

No but he was just as important to fan hope.

I totally agree about Fran's antics on the sidelines. Grow up and act like a man, quit having tantrums like some internet posters on HN named @deanvogs It's embarrassing really. I prefer a stoic guy on the sidelines like Kirk over a raving maniac like a Pelini or Fran.

wow. so fran is just like bo pelini, huh? name me a time fran has exploded during a press conference. and provide the video evidence, please. there's plenty of pelini doing that. hyperbole, exaggeration are ok; but only when done with care. you just falsely labeled fran something he isn't.

I just wish the damned players had Fran's passion level.