Canzeri Practicing

CPHAWK82

Here's a pics from Canzeri at practice today leaping for a catch. It's pretty crazy to see him practicing only 5 months into recovery.

scaled.php

Has anyone ever heard of a situation where a football player has come back THIS soon after ACL??? It's definitely not a bad thing to see!!!

We're not in trouble at running back. Never have been before, and even the one year that we were, we still beat LSU.

Oh my God, I just realized if I had only posted the first sentence, I'd be turning into Dwanye.

After I read that Barkley Hill tore an ACL today, it became apparent to me that it would actually have been more newsworthy if he hadn't.

Do we have confirmation that he was actually practicing and not just catching balls/running routes? Either way it is tremendous progress, and it is not unrealistic that he might be back for the start of the Big Ten season.

I'm the outlier here...I think we're in better shape this year than last. Coker was rubber stamped to get 95% of the carries...despite his plodding style.

His "total rushing" numbers are meaningless... when you take into account his yds/rush and our team rushing game. (poor compared to the rest of the conference) Those numbers tell the real story.

It may be a little rough at first, but in the long run we'll be a better team.

And just for clarification...it would have been more newsworthy after Saturday's scrimmage if the hadn't torn his ACL. Ugghhh.

In pads, no red Jersey, I'd say he's practicing. Even if he's just running routes. Blew out the knee in a non contract drill. Probably a good sign.

It was how I read it in the Hawkeye Football tweet.

The Iowa Hawkeyes ‏@TheIowaHawkeyes
"Check out Jordan C's leaping grab at Tuesday's practice. Oh yeah, the helmet is kind of cool, too"

Granted his left foot is about an inch off the ground.

1st...I'm not much on changing uniforms, but those rock. Is that a legit picture?

2nd...assuming that is a legit picture and he is really in full regalia, running, jumping and cutting…they are trying to get him ready to play. Otherwise they’d never have him out there already.

3rd…..I suppose we are “strapped” per se, but maybe it’s because I try to maintain a positive outlook, but until we start playing and see what kind of running game we have, I’m not going to assume anyone will or won’t play or we are in any more trouble than anyone who doesn’t yet know what they have for sure….

We'll be OK from a rushing yards standpoint... maybe even improved over last year.

I am a bit concerned for pass protection. This also puts more pressure on the receiving corps, and JVB has not been stellar at picking up blitzes.

The quick read, short route, lateral passing game Davis has been rumored to favor may actually be just what the doctor has ordered for this team.

Either that or I'm dead wrong and delusional.

Overall I expect we'll survive early and improve late.

Canzeri provided what was easily the most electrifying (HS) recruiting film I've seen but going from last year he just might be too slight to play RB in college. I would love to see a healthy Canzeri as a Kick off returner...he could be a huge difference maker there much like Desmond Howard was in the nfl (did zippo at WR but played a huge role on ST for the packers).

Latest posts