Canzeri Practicing

It was how I read it in the Hawkeye Football tweet.

The Iowa Hawkeyes ‏@TheIowaHawkeyes
"Check out Jordan C's leaping grab at Tuesday's practice. Oh yeah, the helmet is kind of cool, too"

Granted his left foot is about an inch off the ground.

What do you expect? He tore his ACL! Vertical will take a while...

i honestly dont understand why people have such a hard time with this. after acl injuries the knee is structurally sound after 4-6 mos. that means it is strong enough to perform all physical tasks without an abnormal risk of reinjury.however to regain full function in terms of power and explosiveness it typically takes 12-18 months. this typically takes even LONGER if you are a skill position player who relies heavily on speed, agiligy, and explosiveness.canzeri will not be in a position to contribite on the game field for iowa until the 2013-14 season.
Duff is correct for the most part, but contribute, or contribite;) probably isn't the word to use. Will he be what he was before the injury? No, of course not. It has as much to do with how much he trusts it as anything. Some people heal and recover much quicker, and elite athletes are more likely to do so. Then there are complete freaks, whose bodies seem to almost be superhuman. I really hope Jordan is the latter.

contribute is the right word. he might get on the field due to AIRBHG but he wont be productive and contribute.

I don't see any reason why he would be back practicing at this point in full pads if they had no plans of using him early in the season. Or, if he were red-shirting, I don't see any reason why he would be practicing in full pads at all right now? It is a very positive sign that he is back practicing.

images

Latest posts