Candidates for the OC position

This is true, but Kirks bootlickers will argue the fact.
Bootlickers? Those that disagree with your facially preposterous segregation of team success from the HC could only do so if they were a Ferentz bootlicker?

Given your feelings, and that of the guy to whom you replied WTF are you doing on an Iowa board anyway?

Actually, why don't you show up at a Des Moines area I Club meeting and share your thoughts. Better yet, ask for an appointment with the AD and share your thoughts on this subject.

Do you crones understand that the HC gets credit for the outstanding assistants and not just blame for the bad ones?

Just saw on Twitter that NDSU head coach Matt Entz has accepted a position at another school. The position and school have not been identified. Ladies and gentlemen, since we can't rule out OC at Iowa, I believe we've found our new Brian

After reading the Bio on Matt Drinkall, he seems like a fit ( nice OC resume ) with lots of Iowa connections.
( Bettendorf, St. Ambrose, Hawks-student coach, Under former Iowa Asst Don Patterson at Western Ill. )
Could get excited if he chose to come home to the Hawkeyes

After reading the Bio on Matt Drinkall, he seems like a fit ( nice OC resume ) with lots of Iowa connections.
( Bettendorf, St. Ambrose, Hawks-student coach, Under former Iowa Asst Don Patterson at Western Ill. )
Could get excited if he chose to come home to the Hawkeyes
I'll pass at this point. Not sure his experience at any college with a pulse is there yet. Also, he's currently at Army as an offensive quality control coach. Army doesn't exactly run a mainstream college offense these days.

I should have first asked, are you Matt? My bad if you are.

After hearing from the head of the Swarm the other day on a podcast it sounds like KF is diving into hiring a new OC. Brad wouldn't maybe couldn't give any details or whatever but he's had discussions about it with him. If this is true then my prediction about this being KFs last season is totally false. Hearing that from Brad Heinrichs adds some serious validity to it anyway for me that KF isn't angling towards exiting stage left after the bowl game.

I can't see him hiring a new OC doing everything he must be doing to re-recruit his current kids and new ones plus the portal while prepping for a bowl game and then just retire the first week of Jan. So I guess we just wait twiddling our thumbs till he does hire whomever it is.

Bootlickers? Those that disagree with your facially preposterous segregation of team success from the HC could only do so if they were a Ferentz bootlicker?

Given your feelings, and that of the guy to whom you replied WTF are you doing on an Iowa board anyway?

Actually, why don't you show up at a Des Moines area I Club meeting and share your thoughts. Better yet, ask for an appointment with the AD and share your thoughts on this subject.

Do you crones understand that the HC gets credit for the outstanding assistants and not just blame for the bad ones?

You're part of the problem teddy and exactly who he is referring to.

I see that Josh Gattis ended up at MD in 2023 as the OC and QB coach. I remember there was a lot of speculation when McManara and Eric All transfered to Iowa, that Gattis may be coming to Iowa after Miami fired him. Lost track of him after that. Maybe he has found a home at MD.

As with some clients, you really need to reconnect to reality. Why don't you give Iowa football a break until KF retires. Save yourself the frustration and anger and spare everyone else from reading it. Win/win.

I am connected to the reality the Iowa offense sucks. That's a fact and not an opinion as it's based on stats.

KF has done some great things for Iowa. The key word is HAS. The game of football at least offensively passed him by sometime ago. Again not an opinion but a fact based on real numbers. How's that for reality?

People who stay too long in any role don't deserve a break. They deserve to be called out for it. If you are ok with him staying, I respect your view. I could care less if you respect mine or not.

Last edited:
W
I am connected to the reality the Iowa offense sucks. That's a fact and not an opinion as it's based on stats.

KF has done dome great things for Iowa. The key word is HAS. The game of football at least offensively passed him by sometime ago. Again not an opinion but a fact based on real numbers. How's that for reality?

People who stay too long in any role don't deserve a break. They deserve to be called out for it. If you are ok with him staying, I respect your view. I could care less if you respect mine or not.
What's Iowa's record in the last four full seasons? Doesn't 38 wins in four seasons seem like he's still doing great things? Or do you opine Iowa should expect more than 10 wins a year as a baseline. Two division titles, which might not impress you but it does to the larger public (I have sports talk as background noise so I don't sit in quiet to work).

You are entitled to an opinion, but the records are established facts.

You're part of the problem teddy and exactly who he is referring to.
Any poster who thinks Teddy is”part of the problem” may want to surrender to a guy that likely knows as much, or more, than any of us amateurs about football in detail. Way above your pay grade instl. Nice try, though.

Lot of people bash Kirk Ferentz, but I well remember the losing years ( 60's & 70's)....People ran Tom Davis (BB) off more or less because he seldom won the Conference...but we went to the NCAA tournament most years....Ferentz is liable to own the record for the most BIG 10 wins if he stays...8, 9 & 10 win seasons sure beats the 60's & 70'S..... Nebraska let two coaches go after 9 win seasons....Look where that got them the last 15 years.....Careful for What One Wishes For

Latest posts