Cade injury is for the course for us Iowa fans.

I think we have also somewhat overlooked that Cade's injury occured in the middle of camp, and thereafter, Hill was getting all the first team reps. He did not look unprepared or that the moment was too big for him. Hopefully more practice and game reps will continue his good play.

I remember I posted after the 2021 season that if we just had a Nate Stanley at QB we would have went undefeated going into the conference title game. Two years later I am sort of getting my wish. Unfortunately, this year's defense is not that year's defense.

I remember I posted after the 2021 season that if we just had a Nate Stanley at QB we would have went undefeated going into the conference title game. Two years later I am sort of getting my wish. Unfortunately, this year's defense is not that year's defense.

I hate to say it, but this is the most disappointing d-line play I have seen since 2005 when we had a bunch of youngsters out there. The 2010 line play was disappointing as well, but that boiled down to Clayborn trying to simultaneously protect his knees once we were out of the hunt and Clayborn trying to fill the void at LB left by the graduation of Edds and Angerer. The LBs got beaten like a drum that year and AC kept ducking into passing lanes and such because he had no confidence in the new LB corps we were breaking in.

I hate to say it, but this is the most disappointing d-line play I have seen since 2005 when we had a bunch of youngsters out there. The 2010 line play was disappointing as well, but that boiled down to Clayborn trying to simultaneously protect his knees once we were out of the hunt and Clayborn trying to fill the void at LB left by the graduation of Edds and Angerer. The LBs got beaten like a drum that year and AC kept ducking into passing lanes and such because he had no confidence in the new LB corps we were breaking in.
I don't know that I have a comparison, but I agree that the DL has been underwhelming. I thought Aaron Graves would be mentioned 4 times a game. I don't remember an announcer even uttering his name this season. The DL has been good, but we need it to be great. Purdue will be a challenge, but we have some real offensive tin cans coming up after that, so there is still time for growth.

Wha? You must not recall the subsequent years, especially after Daniels was gone in 2011. In 2012, the Hawks had to throw out bodies like Steve Bigach on the DL, and youngsters that weren't ready like Louie Trinca-Pasat. I think they even had to throw Drew Ott in as a true freshman for a few games.

That was the worst year for line play aside from '99 in my opinion.

I would be thrilled if Cade came back next season, which he plans to do, and plays injury free. We have not been treated to the real Cade.

Latest posts