Cade injury is for the course for us Iowa fans.

This is a blessing in disguise. We can now go after another former Michigan QB, hear me out. We need to aggressively go after Tom Brady and his last year of eligibility, come at him with an NIL deal too sweet to pass up.

Eddie Podolak, last night on the post game radio show said, “Teams know we want to run the ball. So, they put 8-9 guys in the box and force us to throw. We don’t have enough O line players to block them all.”

Question: Is it maybe that simple? If so, then QB’s and Wide outs become the weapons. But, we don’t have them.

Just to damn bad WR dropping balls and now Williams fumbles. WTH is going on with this team

Its bad enough when you see drops but when you see a 6th year player not making the makables you wonder....how bad are the guys behind him? Nobody can beat these guys out? And why aren't they developing ? Copeland doing his job? Poor talent? - -

Sounds familiar

Is Cade’s injury one that can ever be healed 100%? Or is he at 75% forever?
Which injury? The muscle one he had since August kids day or the new one? They both can be healed in time. The knee injury obviously takes surgery and rehab (which he'd just came off of doing before coming to Iowa) the quad injury would've just taken some more time to rest which while in season he wasn't ever going to get enough of.

Maybe by August next yr he can be 100% to practice. ACLs are about a 9-10 month injury anymore just depending. (obviously I'm completely speculating that that's all that is wrong with Cade now I don't really know)

Which injury? The muscle one he had since August kids day or the new one? They both can be healed in time. The knee injury obviously takes surgery and rehab (which he'd just came off of doing before coming to Iowa) the quad injury would've just taken some more time to rest which while in season he wasn't ever going to get enough of.

Maybe by August next yr he can be 100% to practice. ACLs are about a 9-10 month injury anymore just depending. (obviously I'm completely speculating that that's all that is wrong with Cade now I don't really know)

I'm not a high level athlete, but I tore cartilage in my knee in 2017 and the tear damaged a nerve that causes my quad to not fire properly. Your body has a defense mechanism to keep it from tearing all the way through the cartilage and it is that nerve that can be damaged when you have cartilage damage and the doctors have no good way to actually fix the nerve. The way Cade nurses his leg looks a lot like me when I run now after years of being an avid runner. I got the knee much better by using the sled at the gym, but I still have virtually no pushing power on the leg press or squats with that bad leg. On certain days my leg will shake uncontrollably with just a little bit of weight on the leg press and I retired from doing squats out of fear I would get dumped due to the quad giving out. I'd be surprised if Cade doesn't have something like that wrong with his leg where it will never be right again. It sucks for him. You can absolutely tell that the fear of hurting it again was going through his head every time he even considered running.

I'm not a high level athlete, but I tore cartilage in my knee in 2017 and the tear damaged a nerve that causes my quad to not fire properly. Your body has a defense mechanism to keep it from tearing all the way through the cartilage and it is that nerve that can be damaged when you have cartilage damage and the doctors have no good way to actually fix the nerve. The way Cade nurses his leg looks a lot like me when I run now after years of being an avid runner. I got the knee much better by using the sled at the gym, but I still have virtually no pushing power on the leg press or squats with that bad leg. On certain days my leg will shake uncontrollably with just a little bit of weight on the leg press and I retired from doing squats out of fear I would get dumped due to the quad giving out. I'd be surprised if Cade doesn't have something like that wrong with his leg where it will never be right again. It sucks for him. You can absolutely tell that the fear of hurting it again was going through his head every time he even considered running.
That sucks. Yeah that run he had against PSU (best offensive play we had against them) was so difficult to watch. My 43 yr old out of shape ass could run faster then that and you could tell that's all he had in him. It's like he's stuck in 2nd gear. He'd been a shell of himself the whole time since he hurt it in August and we'd be pretty dumb fans if we didn't think it also affected his passing too. Legs are everything with being able to put anything on throws and be accurate. Just sucks for the guy all the way around

That sucks. Yeah that run he had against PSU (best offensive play we had against them) was so difficult to watch. My 43 yr old out of shape ass could run faster then that and you could tell that's all he had in him. It's like he's stuck in 2nd gear. He'd been a shell of himself the whole time since he hurt it in August and we'd be pretty dumb fans if we didn't think it also affected his passing too. Legs are everything with being able to put anything on throws and be accurate. Just sucks for the guy all the way around

Correct, a knee and quad injury can make it really difficult to get torque on many motions that require a hip turn. I can't even golf anymore. Cade's run against Penn State looks exactly like me when I try to sprint with my son. A few steps that look okay, then I pull up after a few yards because I'm so damned scared and because the quad just doesn't fire right. Hell, I used to make my initial push with my right leg and now I only use my left leg for it. I do 5ks with my son, but other than that I will now only run on a track because I'm so terrified of getting hurt again (initial injury was a hyperextension caused by running full bore into a low spot in the grass).

Latest posts