C-Mac love

Moss couldn't shoot over people in pressure situations. I doubt he could have hit that cold blooded three that CJ hit. His floater against jNW to set the stage for JBo was pretty much the extent of his clutch play. You couldn't even trust him on the line in the clutch.

Teams are already smothering Luka. And teams are paying for it.

To even think about the conference we are going to have to go into East Lansing and win. Won't be easy.

Connor is a threat...a threat....to do so many more things to occupy a defensive player mind than merely shoot, making him more dangerous than an Isaiah Moss...or even a Chris Kingsbury. Defenders knew Isaiah was no threat to move without the ball and little threat to pass or rebound. The defensive assignment on a player like that is so much easier than on a player like Connor it isn't even funny.

Connor is a major threat out there. To move without the ball, to post feed, to set up shooters, to rebound. What don't you get?

Never said Moss was better than CJ. Moss is becoming a different player though.

CJ scores more and the Conf is thru I C. If teams have to keep him honest, Big Champs.

On many nights he doesn’t need to score for us to be successful and for him to play well, but on some nights he might. As long as he’s going to get a few shots he could make some more I would say.

It’s not a zero sum game. Iowa can still be a highly proficient offensive team without a ton of scoring from Connor, but they could be even better with some more proficient offensive play from him. Connor doesn’t need to score to be a positive player, but he could be even better with more proficient offensive play.

I agree with this. We can pick out every player on here and say "if he could do this, we would be better". Well no shit. What Gold is saying that is wrong is that we can't be good unless Connor scores. Why does it have to be Connor? We can't be good if Joe T and Bakari start scoring like crazy? Nope. It has to be Connor I guess.

We all know Connor isn't a very good scorer. We all know we would be a better team if he was. There is nothing wrong with talking about it on a message board. Just don't say dumb things like Connor won't be able to keep getting assists unless he starts scoring more. Don't say people are going to start taking Luka away because Connor can't score better. I think there is a big enough sample size by now to know that teams can't take Luka away.

I agree with this. We can pick out every player on here and say "if he could do this, we would be better". Well no shit. What Gold is saying that is wrong is that we can't be good unless Connor scores. Why does it have to be Connor? We can't be good if Joe T and Bakari start scoring like crazy? Nope. It has to be Connor I guess.

We all know Connor isn't a very good scorer. We all know we would be a better team if he was. There is nothing wrong with talking about it on a message board. Just don't say dumb things like Connor won't be able to keep getting assists unless he starts scoring more. Don't say people are going to start taking Luka away because Connor can't score better. I think there is a big enough sample size by now to know that teams can't take Luka away.
Ahh yes. I didn’t really read his posts. Makes more sense why you and ingood were coming back hard based on that.

Moss couldn't shoot over people in pressure situations. I doubt he could have hit that cold blooded three that CJ hit. His floater against jNW to set the stage for JBo was pretty much the extent of his clutch play. You couldn't even trust him on the line in the clutch.

Teams are already smothering Luka. And teams are paying for it.

To even think about the conference we are going to have to go into East Lansing and win. Won't be easy.

Connor is a threat...a threat....to do so many more things to occupy a defensive player mind than merely shoot, making him more dangerous than an Isaiah Moss...or even a Chris Kingsbury. Defenders knew Isaiah was no threat to move without the ball and little threat to pass or rebound. The defensive assignment on a player like that is so much easier than on a player like Connor it isn't even funny.

Connor is a major threat out there. To move without the ball, to post feed, to set up shooters, to rebound. What don't you get?
Moss hit a massively clutch fall away corner three in that Tennessee game, and got another big two late in the comeback.

Haven't taken the time to read through this whole thread so take it fwiw. The hitch in Cmac's jumper is now gone. He no longer looks like a 4th grader having to bring the ball down to his hip to get his shot off. His shot was the only thing that I had issue with and now it is clear that he has worked on it. He won't be a great jump shooter, but I am good where he is at.

Uh, I'm going to put this to a stop now.

Michigan won a Natty, forget a conference title, in 1989 with Mike Griffin starting at the end of the year and averaging 2.7 points per game.

Indiana won a Natty, and went undefeated, in 1976, with Bobby Wilkerson starting and probably averaging well under ten points per game.

And I can probably name a dozen other examples of a person who started on a conference or national championship team primarily for their defense, rebounding, intangibles, leadership, anything.

Look at Kurt Rambis on those eighties championship Lakers teams. Dennis Rodman on the Bulls and Pistons. I could go all night and debunk your myths about floor coverage and offensive black holes.

Connor is a big reason why our scorers score. What's so hard to understand about that?

Yeah, but Bobby Wilkerson jumped center, and got hurt early in the NC game, so he doesn't count. :)

Come to think of it, it's not like Quinn Buckner was lighting up the scoreboard. Their 1975 team, which some claim to be better, lost its mojo when Scott May broke his arm at the end of the season, though he did try and play with a big protector/brace on his forearm.

Man, Bobby Knight had some good teams at Indiana...

No ... Just no. Hope you are right. Dont see it. If PSU or Nebby were wins... Or one I would maybe think maybe.

Dont want 4th.

So you don't want him to lead the team in assists and not get any turnovers? Because that's precisely what Connor did in the PSU and Nebraska games

In the PSU game, Wies was 8-15 and the rest of our guards were 7-25. I'd say that Connor struggled shooting along with CJ, JoeT and Bakari. Plus, we lost CJ during that game and that typically affects on younger players. He was 3-7 from the 3-point line against Nebraska, making 3 of our team's 4 3-pointers; we were still without CJ in that game. We just had a terrible shooting night as a team that night. Heck, Garza was only 7-15 against the Huskers.

And please, don't say I'm making excuses for injuries. You simply can't go without the conference's 3-point percentage leader (and 10th in the nation) and not have it affect your shooting.

So you don't want him to lead the team in assists and not get any turnovers? Because that's precisely what Connor did in the PSU and Nebraska games

In the PSU game, Wies was 8-15 and the rest of our guards were 7-25. I'd say that Connor struggled shooting along with CJ, JoeT and Bakari. Plus, we lost CJ during that game and that typically affects on younger players. He was 3-7 from the 3-point line against Nebraska, making 3 of our team's 4 3-pointers; we were still without CJ in that game. We just had a terrible shooting night as a team that night. Heck, Garza was only 7-15 against the Huskers.

And please, don't say I'm making excuses for injuries. You simply can't go without the conference's 3-point percentage leader (and 10th in the nation) and not have it affect your shooting.

If he were a threat this team wins the Big. That is all.

If he were a threat this team wins the Big. That is all.

If he was a pure scorer we probably win the Big. He's already a threat. What the hell is your definition of a threat? Leave him open for 3 and he will burn you probably close to half of the time. That's a threat.

Moss hit a massively clutch fall away corner three in that Tennessee game, and got another big two late in the comeback.
Didnt he proceed to play one man ball in OT? I was on a plane during that game (eff the snow in Denver) and didn't see any of the 2nd half live or the OT, but thought I remembered reading that here.

Didnt he proceed to play one man ball in OT? I was on a plane during that game (eff the snow in Denver) and didn't see any of the 2nd half live or the OT, but thought I remembered reading that here.
He did hurt us a bit in OT as did Cook and as did a missed travel call on Tennessee. But then again there was no OT without that shot from Moss.