C. Guerrero Update

Unreal. If we can't land a kid who visits when we upset Purdue on senior day and storm the court, I am not sure what else can be done. So McCaffrey brings Basabe and the rest of guys have contributed what exactly? Not hitting the panic button, but I thought we were getting some seasoned coaches with relationsihps in Speraw and Dillard. Thus far I have been underwhelmed with what these guys have done, as Oglesby, White and Meyer are guys we can get with our eyes closed.

They have to nail the remaining two scholarships or we aren't going to be much better next year. Apparently we really aren't attractive to top recruits.

The lesson is that we are one of the worst BCS basketball programs in the country. And it's still highly debateable if Fran will change that. If he doesn't, we can say goodbye to Gary Barta and the idea of a mid-major coach ever getting the head coaching job again.

The lesson is that we are one of the worst BCS basketball programs in the country. And it's still highly debateable if Fran will change that. If he doesn't, we can say goodbye to Gary Barta and the idea of a mid-major coach ever getting the head coaching job again.

I doubt it. IF this hire doesn't work out, what respectable BCS coach would come here at that point? We couldn't get any THIS time around.

We know Speraw found Cartwright. Can you tie any of the other recruits to one of the other assistants? Is basketball like football where an assistant is tied directly to a recruit?
Coach Dillard is recruiting Hubbard and he brought in Aaron White.

Different coaches recruit different kids.

Coach Francis puts on a lot of miles, he's on the road the most from what I am told.

you sir are in the wrong thread

... or was it all an illusion?

109-gob-magic2.jpg

You're just now coming to this realization? Or are you somehow trapped in the 80's? Either way, my advice to you is to buy parachute pants.

My advice to you is to aim high and work on completing your GED. My point, which was obviously lost on you, is that if we can't win a recruiting battle with OSU in Hickwater, OK, how are we going to win against "better" programs? OSU's coach will have 1 more year to right the ship, or he will be collecting TBoone buyout bucks.

Again, we have a head coach and 3 assistants that didn't come here from another planet and should have some relationships with AAU programs and Juco schools. I am not expecting 4 star kids to line up at CHA, but I don't see our athleticism improving if we can't land a couple of next level players. It will take time, but I am disappointed we have had so many offers out and have not closed the deal with any non project players thus far.

Right the ship? Ford has been at OSU 3 years and missed the tourney once, last year. IMO they will be in the tourney again next year and they have a top five talent plus Cezar on the hook now. He's no Eddie Sutton but he's also no Sean Sutton either.

Right the ship? Ford has been at OSU 3 years and missed the tourney once, last year. IMO they will be in the tourney again next year and they have a top five talent plus Cezar on the hook now. He's no Eddie Sutton but he's also no Sean Sutton either.
#21 rated class for 2011 according to espn too.

My advice to you is to aim high and work on completing your GED. My point, which was obviously lost on you, is that if we can't win a recruiting battle with OSU in Hickwater, OK, how are we going to win against "better" programs? OSU's coach will have 1 more year to right the ship, or he will be collecting TBoone buyout bucks.

Again, we have a head coach and 3 assistants that didn't come here from another planet and should have some relationships with AAU programs and Juco schools. I am not expecting 4 star kids to line up at CHA, but I don't see our athleticism improving if we can't land a couple of next level players. It will take time, but I am disappointed we have had so many offers out and have not closed the deal with any non project players thus far.

Your point was obviously lost on you. Nice GED smack though.

Well I am sure that Fran and Francis have connections. I guess Francis has been after Eric Katenda when he was still at Sienna. It looks like Katenda is a high major player now with offers from Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Wake Forrest, and Iowa. I don't know if the hard early work will pay off or not. I am sure Francis/Fran were working on other kids while at Sienna who they fell do not have Big 10 skills so maybe they have cut ties there. I have no idea what ties Dillard had but it was assumed he had ties. Who knows about Sperew either as he was coaching at a lower level as well. I guess Sperew had connections which landed Cartwright.

Also someone posted that OSU has #21 ranked recruting class. Maybe Cezar had played against those players in AAU ball and knows they are good players. OSU has been more succesful than Iowa as of late and made the NIT this year. So I would figure Cezar sees a chance to join a very good recruiting class and help a team probably reach the NCAA tournament next season.

You cant say Iowa has an appealing roster or even a great shot at the NIT next season. I can see how Cezar chose to go to OSU.

Well I am sure that Fran and Francis have connections. I guess Francis has been after Eric Katenda when he was still at Sienna. It looks like Katenda is a high major player now with offers from Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Wake Forrest, and Iowa. I don't know if the hard early work will pay off or not. I am sure Francis/Fran were working on other kids while at Sienna who they fell do not have Big 10 skills so maybe they have cut ties there. I have no idea what ties Dillard had but it was assumed he had ties. Who knows about Sperew either as he was coaching at a lower level as well. I guess Sperew had connections which landed Cartwright.

Also someone posted that OSU has #21 ranked recruting class. Maybe Cezar had played against those players in AAU ball and knows they are good players. OSU has been more succesful than Iowa as of late and made the NIT this year. So I would figure Cezar sees a chance to join a very good recruiting class and help a team probably reach the NCAA tournament next season.

You cant say Iowa has an appealing roster or even a great shot at the NIT next season. I can see how Cezar chose to go to OSU.
IIRC, Dillard's ties were suppose to be in the Chicago area.

McCaffrey brings Basabe and the rest of guys have contributed what exactly?

McCaffery has brought in two players that we have actually seen play - Basabe & Cartwright. Cartwright led the league in assists, and Basabe was one of the better freshmen in the league.

The rest of the team is made up of Alford and Lickliter recruits. How can you fault McCaffery for what he inherited from the previous two coaches?

Honestly tm, I would never even notice him if you didn't call him out in every thread. Trolls get desperate when they're hungry, then you'll really see something funny!

Latest posts