C. Guerrero Update

I'm not sure you and I have a common understanding of "shun", but I like your idea anyway.:)

I know...I got a little too excited and got it all mixed up in my head...thank goodness I realized it before I started widdling...it was going to take for freaking ever and I can't even find my pocket knife pappy gave me when I was 12...:eek:

I know...I got a little too excited and got it all mixed up in my head...thank goodness I realized it before I started widdling...it was going to take for freaking ever and I can't even find my pocket knife pappy gave me when I was 12...:eek:

that reminds me of the office episode where Dwight is making a wooden knife with a knife.:D

Unreal. If we can't land a kid who visits when we upset Purdue on senior day and storm the court, I am not sure what else can be done. So McCaffrey brings Basabe and the rest of guys have contributed what exactly? Not hitting the panic button, but I thought we were getting some seasoned coaches with relationsihps in Speraw and Dillard. Thus far I have been underwhelmed with what these guys have done, as Oglesby, White and Meyer are guys we can get with our eyes closed.

They have to nail the remaining two scholarships or we aren't going to be much better next year. Apparently we really aren't attractive to top recruits.

Let's be real - with the program Fran inherited, there are no gimmes. There are no players that we can get with our eyes closed. Not only do we have a great guy and coach in place - we've got a solid staff that is getting after it.

Disappointed Cez isn't coming, but these guys will keep working at it to get us turned around. Have faith - not blind faith - but faith.

Unreal. If we can't land a kid who visits when we upset Purdue on senior day and storm the court, I am not sure what else can be done. So McCaffrey brings Basabe and the rest of guys have contributed what exactly? Not hitting the panic button, but I thought we were getting some seasoned coaches with relationsihps in Speraw and Dillard. Thus far I have been underwhelmed with what these guys have done, as Oglesby, White and Meyer are guys we can get with our eyes closed.

They have to nail the remaining two scholarships or we aren't going to be much better next year. Apparently we really aren't attractive to top recruits.

Tough situation to be in, as McCaffery can't turn the program around until he gets some difference makers (especially impact guards), but the difference making recruits have plenty of choices, so they're very unlikely to select a losing program (Iowa did have 20 losses for the second straight season).

At this point, Iowa basketball is not attractive enough to appeal to a difference maker living 30 miles from Iowa City (Paige).

Fran is going to have to take some chances in an attempt to land a difference maker. That's why I have no problem offering a very high risk recruit such as Hubbard.

Latest posts