BYU in talks with Big 12....

Texas, Notre Dame and BYU won't want to be independent in the event of the formation of the super conferences. They'll have to join up or be left out of the playoff system that will be formulated.

Last edited:
ND is not coming to the Big 12 period.

I agree. ND thinks a lot of themself. I'm not saying that's right or wrong, good or bad...but regardless of how you feel about them the fact is ND has a huge ego. Do you think that having watched Texas lord over the Big 12, such a school would subject themself to that? Or believe Texas if they were to say "You will be our equals in all conference decisions"?

No way. There are a lot of reasons that ND isn't in a hurry to join a conference, but I think they avoid Texas at all costs.

Last edited:
Commissioner Scott over in the Pac-12 seems to think he has the stones large enough to control Texas.

One can only hope there's 12 AD's, and one in particular who would know better than most, who will set him straight.

If he can get them to drop the LHN and turn it into a regional network like they have for the existing teams, the Pac-12 may have a chance to tame them.

And yet, at that point, he'd have to tame Texas AND ESPN. Not gonna happen.

Hope this doesn't happen. Talk about destroying what makes college football so great....goodbye tradition.

Latest posts