Bye

Because I don't want the stupidity either, and I am not going to use the ignore feature.

Be stupid, goofy, childish, whatever, in the OT. On the sports topic forums like football, football recruiting and basketball, don't derail threads.

I stick to OT and rivalry for probably 97% of my posts. I used to stay in the Cave, too. ;)

1. My post was in response to you saying there had been few complaints. Mr. Miller is well aware as this I am sure and doesn't need my support, but he has it.
2. Now I am complaining and it seems others agree. What you dont comprehend is that when you don't follow the forum guidelines or are just generally annoying, you think others should adjust. Wrong.
3. I have not been threatening to leave for a year. Don't know where you got that.
4. I have left the site for a few months. My choice. Discussions should be better now that season is getting ready to begin.
5. R U MAD?

aren't you a clone fan? would make sense for you trying to bait others.

That's what's so disappointing. There was a ton of stuff to talk about this summer-- some of it bad news, but still. Iowa put together their recruiting class way earlier than usual. DeAndre Johnson and Barkley Hill. The PTL debuts of the incoming basketball players. The Penn State ruling. With two new coordinators, a lot of interesting developments to follow out of training camp. Thinking back, I don't know that there's been a more eventful summer from an Iowa/Big Ten perspective unless you're talking about a head coaching change. But the discussion wasn't very high level. Some of us work, and when you get home at the end of the day, click on a thread about Barkley Hill because you don't know what the hell happened, and find that it's six pages of JPEGs... it's just not an appealing destination.

There were a ton of threads and a lot of good discussion, especially on Penn State. But that stuff can only be talked about so much throuout the summer. That's why sports talk radio is much less enjoyable during the summer (unless there is realignment going on :)) During the season, you can break down the last game, break down the next opponent, and all the other college and NFL stories that are going on. Will there still be some goofy threads? Sure, but a lot less.

1. My post was in response to you saying there had been few complaints. Mr. Miller is well aware as this I am sure and doesn't need my support, but he has it.2. Now I am complaining and it seems others agree. What you dont comprehend is that when you don't follow the forum guidelines or are just generally annoying, you think others should adjust. Wrong.3. I have not been threatening to leave for a year. Don't know where you got that.4. I have left the site for a few months. My choice. Discussions should be better now that season is getting ready to begin. 5. R U MAD?
aren't you a clone fan? would make sense for you trying to bait others.

Not baiting. It is just no one ever stands up to these guys. Seems they can't take it.

P.S. I have probably been a Hawk fan longer than you have been alive.

Seems like much ado about nothing. I'd bet dollars to donuts that the actual proportion of all threads to threads "derailed" is about 150:1. A huge majority of threads in the major sports forums (FB, BB, recruiting) are started, contributed to, live a short life, and start to sink to the bottom of the first page within hours, if not minutes. Some threads attract more traffic; it all depends on what sort of mood folks are in. But for some of you to chime in here with "every other thread is derailed by Chuck L. Hutt and I'm miserable because of it!!!" is pretty extreme hyperbole...not to mention false.
Perhaps one of our reg'lars who is a stats major will do a study.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like much ado about nothing. I'd bet dollars to donuts that the actual proportion of all threads to threads "derailed" is about 150:1. A huge majority of threads in the major sports forums (FB, BB, recruiting) are started, contributed to, live a short life, and start to sink to the bottom of the first page within hours, if not minutes. Some threads attract more traffic; it all depends on what sort of mood folks are in. But for some of you to chime in here with "every other thread is derailed by Chuck L. Hutt and I'm miserable because of it!!!" is pretty extreme hyperbole...not to mention false.
Perhaps one of our reg'lars who is a stats major will do a study.

Ever bince chad got shut down due to mockery, this board has gone downhill.

Yup.
HN is a snapshot of 'merrkan society: lots o' intolerance and self-importance when it comes to individual beliefs, style, sense of humor, and etc.
That's what I was trying to say to JD above - start to apply heavy-handed censorship and removal of those posters with which you don't agree, and the next stop is North freaking Korea (a/k/a cyfan).

lets stop pretending you represent the silent majority or are looking out for JDs biz interests. you are looking out for you and represent you. if you dont like it here go try another hawkeye website. try hawkeye report, hawkeye insider, hawkeye lounge... try them all, have fun. when you realize that the collection of as5hats who populate this place are head and shoulders above any of those i wont say i told you so.

youve been threatening to leave for a year or more. shite or get off the pot. just stop crying wolf.

Fail. The Hawkeye Lounge is the pay board at Hawkeye Report. It can be found at this website: Iowa Hawkeyes Football: HawkeyeReport.com. I highly recommend it.

I've been a paying member of that site for nearly three years, and the content on the Hawkeye Lounge is far and above better than the dribble now found here.

In this case, you truly get what you pay for.

Last edited:
Yup.
HN is a snapshot of 'merrkan society: lots o' intolerance and self-importance when it comes to individual beliefs, style, sense of humor, and etc.
That's what I was trying to say to JD above - start to apply heavy-handed censorship and removal of those posters with which you don't agree, and the next stop is North freaking Korea (a/k/a cyfan).

You're for deregulation Scorp? I never would have guessed from your days in the cave ;)

I think Diesel should ban the 30 people who are making this site so horrible. Ban them for one month. Allow no chucklehutteriting and then see how much the quiet masses like this site.

Fail. The Hawkeye Lounge is the pay board at Hawkeye Report. It can be found at this website: Iowa Hawkeyes Football: HawkeyeReport.com. I highly recommend it.

I've been a paying member of that site for nearly three years, and the content on the Hawkeye Lounge is far and above better than the dribble now found here.

Aren't you the guy who requested urine and blood samples before he'd agree to sell his football tickets to someone?
Just sayin'...

Aren't you the guy who requested urine and blood samples before he'd agree to sell his football tickets to someone?
Just sayin'...

Yeah, that may have been the strangest start to a thread I've seen all summer. I was offended, he should be banned.

Yup.HN is a snapshot of 'merrkan society: lots o' intolerance and self-importance when it comes to individual beliefs, style, sense of humor, and etc.That's what I was trying to say to JD above - start to apply heavy-handed censorship and removal of those posters with which you don't agree, and the next stop is North freaking Korea (a/k/a cyfan).

My God, this is not about censorship. Just keep the foolishness in its place, and the serious Hawk discussion on its place, and this issue is resolved.

The snapshot of American society is sadly that no one abides by policy and rules, nor do they see a problem with not following rules if they don't agree with them. Denial.

So why is it you are here? You pay for a so called better site. Doesnt make much sense.

This is also classic case.

Guy saids he doesnt like site.

Guy is on said site.

OutofTownGuy points out that guy hangs out on site he does not like.

Guy flips out(at least 50% of the time).

So why is it you are here? You pay for a so called better site. Doesnt make much sense.

This is also classic case.

Guy saids he doesnt like site.

Guy is on said site.

OutofTownGuy points out that guy hangs out on site he does not like.

Guy flips out(at least 50% of the time).

and YOU will be blamed for "derailing" :rolleyes::confused:

Not baiting. It is just no one ever stands up to these guys. Seems they can't take it.

P.S. I have probably been a Hawk fan longer than you have been alive.

pretty sure MesaClone said the same thing to me a couple years ago.

Latest posts