Bye

Jon,

Thank you for the clear explanation of your position on posting at the Hawkeye Nation Forum. I agree 100%. I seldom post, and my strong interest in the Nation is to gain information about Iowa football and basketball. I don't much care about those who use this board as their personal outlet for put-downs and attempts to be funny. Again, thank you for the great information you provide for fans of the Hawks. Keep up the good work!

25599710.jpg

Most of the threads in the forum sections seem to turn into pis-sing matches. Yes, there is some good information, and some incredibly wise and awesome Hawkeye fans who post. But the select few who seem to prey on any opportunity to put people down is annoying. And childish. And not worth the time. In all honesty, really really..not worth the time to even read a letter.Honestly, you need some mods. And quick. I will find the info elsewhere, taking HawkeyeNation off my reading list for now. And....now for the smattering of replies going something like "we won't miss you, who are you... etc...etc..."Doesn't matter. Look up the word "civility" sometime.

Ya gotta admit, sometimes the meme's are funny...and if on the phone app, they dont load automatically so you can scroll right by without having to read or see them. I don't post them, but I do find some of them humorous.also, it seems they are at a minimum on the threads that give
off any real “news" or rumors.

You can tell the direction of a thread in the first several posts. Changing the landing page is a good idea, but dont squash "all" the attempts at creative humor. maybe limit the pilinging on, but how do you limit those that constantly ask for it with their persistant trolling?

Exactly. Post memes and talk about short hand as if you are witty. This is your prom...and you are the bully everyone was to you.

I truly hope you get the everlasting satisfaction you crave. Then when your internet goes out, the memes become the acid washed jeans of your past, or your family actually wants to see you, I wish you nothing but happiness. Because we can all tell you desire nothing but acceptance and camaraderie.

Just maybe try looking for it by accepting others, as opposed to belittling them.

Serious question:

Are you from Nigeria or something? I've seen better sentence structure and grammar in one of those scam emails.

The seasons are about to begin, and I've made some posts this summer that the meme stuff and other are going to be confined in the OT forums. When posts in the sports forums get derailed by the same people, it will become apparent and those doing the derailing will no longer be welcome here. During the course of this year, there will also be more mods added to the site. I concur with some of the OP's notions and others who have shared the same. The replies to this topic are pretty much a case in point. About 30 or so people have been treating the forums as though they are their personal playground. Once the season begins, which for me is basically tomorrow, if this stuff takes places anywhere other than the OT forum or the Con/Pol forum, we'll be doing some pruning. I encourage anyone who sees things they don't like to copy the permalink (in the upper right hand corner of a specific post, not the link to the main thread) and email me or PM me and I can look at it.In the end, I am more concerned with the other 3000 people lurking and keeping them interested in visiting the site than being a playground for 30

As one of the 3000 lurkers, I say THANK YOU JON!!

Personal Playground is an excellent description of the trash going on here. We all know who the problem posters are, and if they get banned they just use another name. They seem to think 4000 posts make them HN royalty. But when 90% of the posts are crap or junior high humor, they need to get a life, get a job, probably both. These people have too much free time.

I especially like the guys who say, "Well you don't know anything, and that's just your opinion." Well yes...it is, and you are in a place where people are entitled to have an opinion and express it. If you disagree, don't attack the person...just state your take and why you think the person is wrong.

We'd still have old what's his name if you guys hadn't bullied him out of the nation. We are one less strong now.

What's really cool is this one thread may just help me weed out the 30 without having to spend much time searching

There are a lot of jelly, mad lurkers.[/QUOTE

Speaking of someone with too much time on their hands......it's his royal highness Scorpio, VintageHawkeye, Vinny, GhostofGhost, aaronzuriel, who ever you are.....

give it a rest....it ain't your personal playground

I can understand letting things get a little crazy in the off season. It kind of break up the boredome. But I am glad this site is going to be moderated more now that the season is almost here. I hope the OP reconsiders. I dont like to see people leaving this site who like to talk sports. Have some patience.

Jon, when incidents like these pop up, why don't you make it a priority to emphasize the ignore user feature? Banning 30 people would probably feel good, but what will you really gain? Take caution in how much you prune for homogeneity; you may not like the outcome as much as you think.
Teach folks to use the ignore feature.

Eh, I don't know about that. Telling others to use the ignore feature means, you can say whatever you like without consequence. And we all know you libs deserve consequences.;):p

Bannings are much more interesting.

Jon, when incidents like these pop up, why don't you make it a priority to emphasize the ignore user feature? Banning 30 people would probably feel good, but what will you really gain? Take caution in how much you prune for homogeneity; you may not like the outcome as much as you think.Teach folks to use the ignore feature.

Why should anyone have to filter or choose ignore?
You seem to know what you are doing is not appreciated by the majority, so why don't you just stop?

Cmon, you are certainly capable of contributing in an intelligent discussion. We want to read that side of you.