Bubble Watch: Championship Week

I think we also want Seton Hall over Marquette (1:30pm FS1) today. Marquette is listed as a bubble team currently and of course Iowa lost to Seton Hall

Iowa over Indiana.

spp_mdfi_06coach.jpg

I don't think the MSU or NW games matter as those two are most likely solidly in...

The biggest ones in my mind are:
Baylor over KSU
Michigan over Illinois
Texas A&M over Vandy
Butler over Xavier

Last I heard Northwestern has an rpi just over 50. If it stays there it gives Illinois 2 less top 50 wins.

I thought the Illinois Michigan game started at 11 but apparently tip is closer to 11:30. I'm fired up for today, ready to watch some basketball!!!

I thought the Illinois Michigan game started at 11 but apparently tip is closer to 11:30. I'm fired up for today, ready to watch some basketball!!!

They moved it back due to the plane problems. Speaking of which, Michigan had that player that was involved in 2 bad plane crashes growing up. Was he on that plane too?

They moved it back due to the plane problems. Speaking of which, Michigan had that player that was involved in 2 bad plane crashes growing up. Was he on that plane too?

Is this pushing back the start time of the other games today?

Today:

Michigan over Illinois - 11am - BTN
ISU over OK St. - 11:30am - ESPN2
Middle Tennessee St. over UT SA - 11:30am
Tennessee over Georgia - 12pm - SECN
PSU over MSU - 1:25pm - BTN
Nevada over Utah State - CBSSN
Kansas over TCU - 1:30pm - ESPN2
Utah over California - 4:30 - PAC12
Texas A&M over Vanderbilt - 6pm - SECN
Butler over Xavier - 6pm - FS1
Rutgers over Northwestern - 7:30 - ESPN2
Baylor over KSU - 8pm - ESPNU
Creighton over Providence - 8:30pm - FS1
UCLA over USC - 10:30 - ESPN

Last edited:
All that did was drop them from a 10 to an 11 and make them have to play far away...Indy instead of Buffalo

If life was fair, we should also be an 11, should we lose today. Syracuse's resume would not be any better than ours, should we lose.

But alas, we know it's not fair.

Refresh my memory why we're concerned with the Middle Tennessee game?

My impression is that we'd want Middle Tennessee to LOSE the game, so I'm not sure why Dunder has them needing to win. They're right on the bubble but I believe they're also favored to win their tournament and earn an AQ bid.
but they're about to win so it doesnt matter

My impression is that we'd want Middle Tennessee to LOSE the game, so I'm not sure why Dunder has them needing to win. They're right on the bubble but I believe they're also favored to win their tournament and earn an AQ bid.
but they're about to win so it doesnt matter

Lol. We want them to get the AQ. That way there is no chance they are selected as a bubble team.

Lol. We want them to get the AQ. That way there is no chance they are selected as a bubble team.

If they lost to UTSA (RPI 266) they wouldn't be on the bubble anymore...not even close. So not sure why that's even a talking point.

Latest posts