Bruce Pearl's blank check

InNormwetrust

Heard it on the show this morning and wondered how much would it take to get Bruce Pearl to come to Iowa.

I'd say somewhere between 3-4 million 4 years.

I also think there is no chance of this happenning but if it did...

Anbody think that Tenn would just match our offer? It's not like Tenn's athletic dept is short on cash.

I just watched him on PTI, and wow I wish he was here. I am not the type you gets excited by a personality but the dude just gets it. I will always respect him from here on out for how he commented on Tyler Smith and the Kentucky camo hats.

If Iowa gets into a position again in the near future where it's looking for a coach Pearl would be my #1 choice

If Iowa gets into a position again in the near future where it's looking for a coach Pearl would be my #1 choice

I cant believe there is a new thread every couple of weeks about how Pearl would be a great coach here....just a complete waste of time imo since he isnt leaving Tenn anytime soon

Mine, too, but I have no reason to believe he'd leave what is a pretty good gig to return. From your perspective what could Iowa offer (besides money) that would be attractive to him?

I think the only way we actually would go after BP is if Barta is no longer the AD. I doubt he gives Pearl a look let alone an offer.

I think it's going to take a personality like that to turn this around- kinda like the Hayden Fry of BB. Agree that Pearl is a real longshot- is there someone else with his charisma, exciting style and panach out there. I also worry if a guy with that kind of personality could coexist wist a "suit" like Barta.

I would take Pearl....if Mike Dunlap says "no".

Unfortunately, I don't think Bruce would ever come back...no matter how much he is paid.

i say we double his salary. then really boost for bonus. like 500k for every round we win in the tourney in the first two rounds and $1 mill for every round after that. i think he would be a great fit to get people back in the seats and excited about bball.

i say we double his salary. then really boost for bonus. like 500k for every round we win in the tourney in the first two rounds and $1 mill for every round after that. i think he would be a great fit to get people back in the seats and excited about bball.

Are we going to pay him with Monopoly money? This would be the greatest contract ever in the history of college bball for a coach that wasnt a hall of famer

maybe. we need a spark though and i think he could provide it. i know that is a stretch, i was just saying that we pretty much have to throw out a sweet package for him to come.

I found an article from 2008...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=3470892

Pearl's new deal increases his salary to an average $2.3 million a year. It includes a $250,000 bonus and an upfront retention bonus of $1.5 million.

Wonder how Kirk would feel if we doubled that salary and the new bball coach was making more than him?

bad idea Shada

I'd make him coach for free. After he gets to 20 wins, we could renegotiate......are we that good of a program? :)

Latest posts