Brady Ellingson

With Wagner and Brady gone, Iowa once again goes into the season with only 1 senior (Baer). He needs to go after a senior transfer in the worst way.

Wagner is gone now too - I bet the staff is completely blind sided right? Or they may have had an idea I bet
Wagner and Ellingson are now gone. Your son gets Ellingson's scholly and you're going to find a PG or a combo guard to replace Wagner?

I just don't know what PG senior transfer is going to want to come to Iowa next year. One look at the numbers and they'll see that Bohannon already plays 32 minutes at point guard. Fran would have to be willing to move Bohannon to the 2 and convince the transfer of it as well.

I don't think Williams helps this team at all. Fran already plays too many guys so throwing in another guy that sucks isn't going to lead to any more wins. It's a lazy excuse for the Fran apologists. The coaches should have had a backup plan for Williams well before he announced he was leaving when it was apparent he wasn't good enough to play at this level.
his offensive game was improving. He could have played backup spot minutes at PG and situational defensive sets. He was needed this year.

Wagner and Ellingson are now gone. Your son gets Ellingson's scholly and you're going to find a PG or a combo guard to replace Wagner?
Where in the world have I said that I’m the staff or have any idea what they are doing. I said YOU guys don’t know, and you don’t. I’ve also stated what I’d like and think. That’s how message boards work

[
Jordan was the only reliable ball handler we had even if Williams was here. Williams had the highest turnover percentage on the team the year prior and you even admit he wasn't good enough to play at this level but all of a sudden he brings a few more wins? Haha OK Margaret!

CW 1.6 / 9 assist to turnover ratio. Exact same as Dailey. Connor 1.8/1. Ellingson 1.1/.6...stick to the clowns, Cy!

Plan - Jordan starts the 1, Williams backs him up, gives another ball handler and decent defender. Really didn't expect that to be more then 10 minutes a game or so, but it would have been a much needed relief that Iowa didn't have this season. Williams leaves - back up plan -lift Connor's shirt. Connor gets sick. No other plan but to play Jordan way too many minutes and start the Dailey back up plan - which was never going to work in season.
Obviously what CY56 means is since that backup plan didn’t work FRAN SHOULDVE HAD A BACKUP TO THE FAIL BACKUP PLAN!!!!!

cuz he cares so much for Hawkeye basketball

Side note...How bad were these recruiting classes?

2014 - Uhl, Ellingson, Dickerson
2015 - Moss, Wagner, Hutton, Fleming, Williams

It's crazy how a lot of those guys seemed like they would be good too. Uhl we stole from Temple. Not great but a good get at the time. Dickerson was the number 1 juco point guard and was lightning fast. Moss and Fleming were from big time schools. Wagner and Hutton were big time athletes. I would have never guessed that group would turn out like it did.

Yes. Unless the scholarship goes to Connor. He gave his up originally so it could be used for Nunge.

wait, i thought Conner got his scholly when Williams left? The way I see it, now, with BE and AW both leaving, we've got 3 schollies (Uhl, BE & AW), with one each for JW and CJ F. We now have an extra scholly for a juco pg with speed. that's my take. but if i'm wrong, i can remotely activate the invisible ink clause of Hawkeye Nation's agreement.

Edit: I thought there was an invisible ink clause on this site?! Damn it!

Last edited:
Side note...How bad were these recruiting classes?

2014 - Uhl, Ellingson, Dickerson
2015 - Moss, Wagner, Hutton, Fleming, Williams

yeah.....Uhl is a major head scratcher. So, so much potential it seemed. He just quit being aggressive. AW, if only he had developed a 15 ft jumper.

But yeah, 1 starter and 2 subs. Not a good avg. But, who did those schollies turn into?

Where in the world have I said that I’m the staff or have any idea what they are doing. I said YOU guys don’t know, and you don’t. I’ve also stated what I’d like and think. That’s how message boards work
No, you are calling other poster's ridiculous for not knowing something that hasn't happened yet. That's what you were doing. So, you're not on the staff?

wait, i thought Conner got his scholly when Williams left? The way I see it, now, with BE and AW both leaving, we've got 3 schollies (Uhl, BE & AW), with one each for JW and CJ F. We now have an extra scholly for a juco pg with speed. that's my take. but if i'm wrong, i can remotely activate the invisible ink clause of Hawkeye Nation's agreement.
Count them down.
Baer, Moss, Dailey, CMac, Nunge, Garza, Cook, Pemsl, Bohannon, CJ, Weiskamp, Cook. That's 12 for next season.

Frederick was a walk on but he got Williams scholarship. Connor is still a walk on.

With today’s departures we have two scholarships available. Connor may get one.