Brady Ellingson

He has what he wants.

Yep.
maxresdefault.jpg

yeah.....Uhl is a major head scratcher. So, so much potential it seemed. He just quit being aggressive. AW, if only he had developed a 15 ft jumper.

But yeah, 1 starter and 2 subs. Not a good avg. But, who did those schollies turn into?

oh man putting me on the spot. Don't quote me on this but I believe the following....

Uhl = Wieskamp
Williams = Fredrick
Wagner = unknown/Connor
Ellingson = unknown/Connor
Hutton = Baer (?)
Fleming = Kriener (?)
Dickerson = Williams

It's crazy how a lot of those guys seemed like they would be good too. Uhl we stole from Temple. Not great but a good get at the time. Dickerson was the number 1 juco point guard and was lightning fast. Moss and Fleming were from big time schools. Wagner and Hutton were big time athletes. I would have never guessed that group would turn out like it did.

Both those classes were at the bottom of the B1G class rankings. Take off the black and gold blinders man!

Both those classes were at the bottom of the B1G class rankings. Take off the black and gold blinders man!

Well my post laid out the reasons to be optimistic for each individual player. I hate to break this to you, but I'm a Hawkeye fan. Why would I be a fan of something, then just always look at everything in the most negative possible way? Do you always see the worst possible outcome in everything Cyclone? No. You look at the positive and hope for the best. Just like every other fan of their team does.

Well my post laid out the reasons to be optimistic for each individual player. I hate to break this to you, but I'm a Hawkeye fan. Why would I be a fan of something, then just always look at everything in the most negative possible way? Do you always see the worst possible outcome in everything Cyclone? No. You look at the positive and hope for the best. Just like every other fan of their team does.

You were optimistic about Uhl because we beat Temple for him haha. You were optimistic about Fleming and Moss because they came from big schools but Moss was like the 5th best player on that team and Fleming hardly played. Wagner was not someone I was ever optimistic about because you could tell he was going to be a tweener. I think the only reason we even took Ellingson was to try to get LaChance which backfired. Dale Jones and Williams were huge reaches in the Spring so you're looking at two kids out of like nine that there was some deserved optimism about and it was Dickerson and Hutton and Hutton was offensively limited coming in. I don't know how you could be surprised that group turned out like they did.

Wish both Brady and Ahmad well but thinks are falling into place nicely.

I hope Fran decides to not use a scholarship for Connor or Patrick. Not that they don’t deserve it but why not use the situation to your advantage if you can and have 2 “extra” scholarships.

I for one am grateful for the sacrifice that Brady is making for Iowa basketball. It is probably hard to leave a school you have attended for 4 years to go somewhere for 1 year. He has to say goodbye to his friends and teammates. I dont believe Brady is making this choice for "playing time". It seems as though he is consciously doing what is believed to be best for Iowa. He is a hell of a young man. It's too bad he isn't great at basketball, because he is the type of kid I would have loved seeing shine.

I wish Brady luck and might watch a game or 2 of wherever he ends up to give my hawk family support. He is an alum after all.

I for one am grateful for the sacrifice that Brady is making for Iowa basketball. It is probably hard to leave a school you have attended for 4 years to go somewhere for 1 year. He has to say goodbye to his friends and teammates. I dont believe Brady is making this choice for "playing time". It seems as though he is consciously doing what is believed to be best for Iowa. He is a hell of a young man. It's too bad he isn't great at basketball, because he is the type of kid I would have loved seeing shine.

I wish Brady luck and might watch a game or 2 of wherever he ends up to give my hawk family support. He is an alum after all.
AKA: Fran gave a lil push.