Brady Ellingson

AKA: Fran gave a lil push.

Yes I would imagine that they had a little heart to heart. Fran saying something like; Brady, your a hell of a kid. You earned your degree. There is zero chance you play next year here. I think it might help you to go play at a lower level and Iowa basketball could sure use another scholarship.

I think it was probably a mutual understanding and I applaud Brady for being such a good student and great representative of the university. I am grateful that he is willing to do what is best for Iowa and doing it with class.

I for one am grateful for the sacrifice that Brady is making for Iowa basketball. It is probably hard to leave a school you have attended for 4 years to go somewhere for 1 year. He has to say goodbye to his friends and teammates. I dont believe Brady is making this choice for "playing time". It seems as though he is consciously doing what is believed to be best for Iowa. He is a hell of a young man. It's too bad he isn't great at basketball, because he is the type of kid I would have loved seeing shine.

I wish Brady luck and might watch a game or 2 of wherever he ends up to give my hawk family support. He is an alum after all.
Classy post.

Good coaches have frank conversations from day one. Most coaches communicate non verbally.

I think the whole not playing several games and averaging less then 11 minutes the entire season on a team starved for guard help is non verbally communicating. I think it was pretty clear to Wagner and BE WAYYYYY before any talk was had.

Both those classes were at the bottom of the B1G class rankings. Take off the black and gold blinders man!
How do you know they are black and gold through your ketchup- and mustard-colored glasses?

I doubt this is the only departure and with Cook possible leaving or staying, I assume the coaching staff is going after immediate help. After a 4-14 season, I don't know how you could assume that the staff would possibly go any other way. I'm not trolling when I say this, but after the year Iowa just had, why does everyone assume that Iowa would bank this scholarship or give it to Connor? I'm not saying your wrong, and it's an honest question. Iowa hasn't been in this position record wise since Fran's second season, did he bank any of those? I find it hard to believe any one knows what will happen or you can say "rinse, repeat, nothing will change". You know what happened last year? Jones transferred and Iowa had more room for Connor, Nunge and Garza. I personally think all options are on the table. I really hope Geno Crandall at North Dakota is on Iowa's radar. There are just too many connections.

He should snatch that Carndall dude right now. He has game experience, is quick, has a nice shot, plays good D and especially knows how to pass the ball.....

I think the whole not playing several games and averaging less then 11 minutes the entire season on a team starved for guard help is non verbally communicating. I think it was pretty clear to Wagner and BE WAYYYYY before any talk was had.

Exactly. He was saying that Fran is a good coach.

With Wagner and Brady gone, Iowa once again goes into the season with only 1 senior (Baer). He needs to go after a senior transfer in the worst way.
We still have the senior that was going to play. And we have 6 juniors that have played a ton. I don't think a senior transfer is crucial at all...only want a guy that will clearly help us.